Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Altered Pen Holders

Hi Friends! Wow I didn't realize it had been a week since my last post. My birthday was last Saturday (Nov.2nd) and I had lots of activities around that plus work so I've been busier than I thought. I'm also leaving for Vegas a week from today...squeal! Super excited about that :)

Ok..now to the actual post..lol. I had a request to make two custom pen holders like the ones I made for myself, which you can read about HERE. She wanted one with the crepe paper flowers that I make and the second one to have a cross on it. She left it up to me in regards to the colors etc so I had fun creating these for her...


Here's a short video that shows you the holders up close along with the items I used to create these...
I found this gorgeous cross with some gems which just sparkle when you tilt the holder or when the light hits it. The lace wrapped around the holder is from my vintage lace stash. I used some Lindy's sprays on it so it would pick up the hues/tones from the paper I used.
I really love how this one turned out (even though it's not purple..lol).

For this one, I made a flower from the crepe paper I purchased from Mon Ami Gabby. I love this stuff and need to get more!! For the flower centers, I used some purple glass beads that I purchased from Hopscotch Crafts on Etsy and the trim around the holder is from Maya Road.

Love love love the dimension from stacking the glass beads like this. I kinda wish I would have done this on my own set..lol.

I know the lighting isn't the best..it was late in the day when I took these, but I think you can still tell how cute these turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out another ScrappinAbby project. I have some crafty goodies to share with you guys that I received for my birthday and I've started working on my Inspiration Journal so I'll be doing some posts along with some videos of each page as I go.

Lots of crafty things coming up so I'm excited!!!

Have a great day my friends and happy crafting!

2 comments:

Creative Comments