Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Altered Wood Boxes~Flower Storage

Hi Friends! Today I'm sharing another project that's part of my Crafty Organization series I've been working on. I was given some wood boxes by someone who thought I could use them in my craft room. After "scrappin" them up...here is what I now use to store some of my packaged paper flowers....
This is what they looked like before (minus the slots on the inside)....
Here's a video that shows you the items I used to create these lovely boxes along with how I have them stored in my craft room....


 Before I put the designer paper on the boxes, I put a coat of Gesso on the edges, base and top of each box to hide some of the darker wood grain. I then used some craft paint over the top of the Gesso'd areas. Next I added the papers after inking the edges, wrapped some Maya Road trim around the boxes and put some pretty purple flowers & trims on the front. I did do some light sanding on the boxes as well to create that shabby chic look I love so much. 




I really love how these turned out and they are the perfect addition to my flower storage solution. 

Thanks for stopping by and for checking out another ScrappinAbby post. 

Happy Crafting : )

Products used:
CTMH paper pack
3GJ Crinkle Ribbon
May Arts Ribbons & Lace
Maya Road Trim
Donna Downy-Prima flowers
Pearl floral sprays
Craft Paint
Gesso
Scor-tape




 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know I was up until 2am reorganizing my room, but it doesn't look pretty like yours at ALL! Come help me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna..I would LOVE to come help...I am sort of an organization nut..lol. Mine is quite the mess right now though as I'm going through paper and such. My neighbor girl will be very happy as she's getting what I'm not going to keep for the most part : )

      Delete

Creative Comments