Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Believe In The Beauty Of Your Dreams

Hey everyone...sorry I haven't posted in a few days..it has been crazy busy around my house. My hubby's birthday is July 3rd so every year  I do his birthday party the first Saturday after the 4th. So with working, celebrating the 4th Of July and preparing & having his party this past Saturday, I haven't had much time to blog or craft...BUT I will be making up for that this week : )  I'll share some pics from his Hawaiin Luau party later this week. It was a total blast and we had a great day celebrating my hubby's birthday with family and friends!!

Today I wanted to share a LO I created using more of the fab DCWV paper stacks.

I used the Tradewinds Stack for this LO. I absolutely love this stack!! The papers are just beautiful & you get 24 sheets that have foil accents on them. You can see some of that detail on the butterlfly I fussy cut.
I misted the CS with some Mama Sings The Blues Glimmer Mist. Here you can see more of the foil detail...I wrapped some packaging string & added a small brass key.


I fussy cut a large flower from one of the 12x12 papers...I'll show you a closer pic in a minute. I found this awesome large brown/brass button in the clearance bin at Joann's awhile back. It fit perfectly in this LO. The twigs you see are from a package of moss from another project.

Here you can see the flower a little better & catch some of the detail from the fussy cutting I did. I cut into the middle of the flower as well so it would have more depth and pop up from the page much like a real flower would do. Wanna know where the white flower came from?? Well my daughter & I had matching white flip flops from my outdoor wedding 3 summers ago...I re-purposed the white flower from those flip flops : )
I had some really cool burlap/cotton type fabric I picked up in the remnant bin. I cut a strip (which I also used as a mat underneath the CS) inked the edges a bit...frayed the edges & tied it around the CS.
I topped it off with a vintage wooden button clipped to the fabric with a garment pin from Making Memories.
I love this fussy cut butterfly. The foiling is just gorgeous!! I stamped my sentiment on a scrap piece of the fabric...folded it up...used a Tim Holtz Memo Pin to hold the butterfly & voila!!


I'm really pleased with how this LO turned out. I have it displayed in my room & I love it!!

Thanks for stopping by...don't forget about the First 100 Followers Giveaway I'm having. You can read all about it HERE.

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post.

Happy Scrappin!!

1 comment:

Creative Comments