Thursday, September 6, 2012

Altered Clipboard-Purple of course : )

Hey everyone..I have a super fun and super easy project to share with you today. If you're a regular follower of my blog or know me in real life then you know that I love to go junkin & pick up all kinds of treasures that I can alter or scrap up. Well today's project is all about one of my finds....an altered clipboard.

This is just your basic brown clipboard you can pretty much find anywhere BUT I picked this little thing up for a quarter!! I wanted to make something that I could use in my room and clip inspirational photos or project ideas on. So I had to go with a purple color scheme of course : )


I painted the entire clipboard with some tan/beige craft paint. then sanded the edges for a distressed look. I used the Chateau Lavender stack from DCWV...cut the papers to the size I wanted and then used Modge Podge on the whole thing. I didn't want the edges of the CS to come up when I actually used it.

For the bottom I added some flowers..bling and some buttons. I used these really cool embellis from Mon Ami Gabby they're called Bon Bons and they are a lot of fun to play with. I thought they made kind of a cool little design on the bottom corner. I just applied some Glossy Accents on the pattern in the CS and added the Bon Bons & added a strip of some velvet like trim.


Topped off the clipboard with a variety of lace, ribbon & trim.

Here's the backside...



Such a fun project to make!! 

Thanks for stopping by and thank you also for the sweet comments you all leave me...I truly appreciate each one of them : )

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
Clipboard-junkin find
DCWV Chateau Lavender Stack
Mon Ami Gabby-Bon Bons-purple
Glossy Accents
Modge Podge
Flowers/trims/button-scrappy stash







1 comment:

Creative Comments