Wednesday, June 19, 2013

May Arts Nautical Craft Challenge

Hi Friends! Today I have a very personal project to share with all of you. I was lucky enough to be selected to participate in another one of the awesome May Arts Challenges. This time around the theme was A Nautical Craft Challenge. You can check out the post on the May Arts Blog HERE!

When I saw the theme I knew right away what I wanted to make, a shadow box featuring photos of my dad when he was in the Navy...a tribute if you will.

 
Here's a short video that shows you the shadow box up close, the May Arts Ribbons I used and I talk a little bit about what's in the box and what memory it holds : )

 

 If you looked up the phrase "Daddy's Girl" in the dictionary you would see a photo of me. My dad absolutely spoiled and loved me like I was the only girl in the world. He isn't my biological dad BUT he raised me from birth as if I was his own. Sadly he lost his battle with Leukemia when I was 18 and I had just graduated from high school. Even though many years have passed since he left us, I miss him terribly and still think of him daily. This project is just my way of celebrating his life and acknowledging his service in the Navy.

Thank you for letting me share a small but huge piece of my family history with you.

Happy Craftin!!

Oh...I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of my new followers. I checked today and I have almost 10 more than I did from my last post...thanks so much : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments