Monday, August 19, 2013

Steam Punk Tag & Box Tutorial with Scor-pal and Viva Las Vegas Stamps

Hi Friends! The Scor-pal DT did a cross promo with Viva Las Vegas stamps (click HERE to see the post on the Scor-pal blog) and I'm really excited to share my Steampunk project with all of you that I created using Scor-pal products and the awesome VivaLasVegas stamps. I chose to create a Steampunk tag & tag box that you can use to hold your tags.


I also have a quick video showing you the project up close along with the stamps I used...

 
 
Products used:
 

After picking out the card stock I wanted to use for my tag box, I cut the paper into a 10 1/4"x 4 3/4" strip

Lay your card stock lengthwise on your Scor-pal at the 3/8" mark and then make a score mark at 1"
Next you'll move your card stock all the way to the left edge of your Scor-pal and make score marks at 4 1/4", 5 1/2" and 9"

Turn your card stock 90 degrees and make a score mark at 3" and then fold along all of your score lines
In the next photo you'll see where I've trimmed off a portion of my card stock...this creates the flap you need to make the box

After making the cuts above and folding on my score lines, I placed the card stock back on my Scor-pal (see the photo below for placement) and made one last score mark at 4 1/4". This creates the flap to turn up into the bottom of your tag box.

Apply Scor-Tape to your card stock as you see in the photo below 

I happened to be using some distress card stock so I sanded the edges of my paper before I peeled off the adhesive backing

Next you'll assemble your tag box after you've removed the Scor-Tape backing

In the photos at the end of the tutorial, you'll see how I used a variety of papers and metal embellishments to decorate the tag box. 

For the tag I used one of the amazing images from Steampunk Plate 1336. I used a few different Distress Marker colors to give my stamped image some depth

I really love how crisp and clear the stamped image looked on this vintage piece of paper. 

Here I used some metallic gold ink on another image from Plate 1336

I somehow missed taking a photo of the shoe images I used for the background on my take but I wanted to use some two-tone embossing powder instead of ink for this portion of the project. You'll see the images in the photos below : )



This was my first time using the VivaLasVegas Stamps and I LOVE them!! Using them along with the Scor-pal products you can create some amazing projects. 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out another ScrappinAbby & Scor-pal DT project.

Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments