Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Family Canvas & Scrappy Wood Board

Happy Wednesday : )

This post is going to be about two scrappy projects I've recently worked on. The first one is a Family Canvas I made. The pics on the canvas are from a couple of years ago...they were taken before our wedding so my kiddos look a lot older now but they were the only pics I had on hand that would fit the chipboard frames....please ignore the rooster booty peeking out the side...I had to use it to hold this up...lol.
I used an 11x14 canvas and painted it with some mocha colored scrapbook paint and then inked the edges in a slightly darker brown color. 
You can see the inking a little better in this pic. I placed some vellum quotes from Quick Quotes & attached them to inked chipboard frames and mounted them on some cardstock with the brads. I had these awesome metal flower brads and used one in the corner.

The "cherish" clip on my daughter's picture was originally white so I inked it so it would blend better with the color scheme. I also inked the creme colored ribbon and the chipboard frames. It's probably best to just state the fact that I inked almost everything on this canvas : )

The chipboard key on this tag almost looks like it's made of wood...at least it does when you see it in person. I loved the way these tags turned out.

This is another vellum quote from Quick Quotes. I added some "bling" on the bottom~I love using jewels & gems on my projects.

Just a closer pic of the metal flower brad and all the inking done on the canvas.

And another close up shot of my handsome hubby..err I mean of the vellum quotes ; )

Here it is hung on the wall along with the vintage metal sconces I picked up at Rustic Frills a few weeks ago~yes I know the sconce on the right is not spaced evenly..this is now fixed thanks to my hubby : )

The next few pictures are of a "Family 4 Ever" wood board project I did a few months ago while at a National Scrapbooking Weekend event.

This is a 12x12 wood board that I painted using some brown scrapbook paint and embelished with cardstock, chipboard, ribbon, jewels, flowers and some metal embelishments. I tied a sheer gauzy type ribbon around the entire edge of the frame and then tied it in a cute bow.
Close up pic of some of the embelishments I used. I just love the tiny clothes pin...I only have a few of these left and have been hoarding them...lol.
I just love this paper flower. I bought a package of these and they came in a few different colors so this one just matched perfectly. I have this on my entry way table but I still need to add some pictures.

Well...I hope you enjoyed looking at these two projects that were super fun to do. I had a lot of fun "scrappin" up some non-traditional scrapbook items I made for my home....scrappin on wood and canvas....love it!!

I hope to get another post up this evening since I am so far behind...I do honestly try to do a post everyday but the weather has just been FABULOUS here in the normally rainy state of Oregon so I try to go out and enjoy it as much as I can~along with working full time/kids/housework etc ; )

Come back soon for some more scrappy projects : )

1 comment:

  1. Both of these projects turned out great-I really like the colors that you used! Have a great week!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments