Monday, July 18, 2011

Le Cirque

Hi Friends...I am finally posting the Le Cirque board book I made that I was supposed to post yesterday. I have been buried in my scrapbook room re-organizing and setting up my new purple hutch in. I will be doing a post on my room later on.

Today I am sharing with you a board book I made recently. This is also one of the many items I have for sale. Mr. Scrappy~aka my hubby~is working on getting my shop setup on my blog so be sure to check back for that : )

This was a really fun board book to make. The paper is mostly from Graphic 45's Le Cirque paper line. I also used a mix of papers, ribbons, inks and embelishments I had in my inventory.

This is the front of the board book. I cut out the Le Cirque and the flowers by hand from the 12x12 paper it came on. It took a little bit to do this but worth it as it looks amazing as it pops off the page I think. I added some pop up dots so it would have a 3-D effect.

Closer pics of the cover & all the detail.


Cutting this little lady out wasn't easy either...I almost clipped her fingers off..lol. I painted this chipboard with some Making Memories scrapbook paint. I like the texture you get from painting chipboard.

Sort of hard to see in this pic~unless you double click on it~but this is some great textured paper I acquired that almost looks like it's leather.

I painted this piece as well. I just love the little half pages in this board book. Makes it so unique and different from most boardbooks out there.


Love the blue tones on these pages.


These two pages have such a richness to them...I love the colors and how they play off each other.
Some more textured paper.

Another one of the half pages I love : )


Love the vintage flair on this page. I've had this peacock feathery type thread/ribbon for awhile now and it just fit perfectly on this tag.

Love this paper flower too. I inked the edges in a darker blue just for some contrast.


This is one of the many reasons I LOVE making chipboard albums. I love the many layers/textures of these books and how they look "chunky".
I just love the richness and textures in this chipboard album. I had a lot of fun designing and making this board book.

Remember...this board book is for sale. I will be putting my store up on my blog hopefully by the end of this week. If you are interested in this before the store is "open for business" just shoot me an email and we can discuss the details. scrappinabby@gmail.com


Have a fantastic rest of your day and be sure to come back tomorrow for a post that is super special to me. My hubby & I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and I will be doing a post with some pictures of our wedding...which includes some scrappy items as well : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments