Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Still Here and A Bird House Project!!

Hey everyone...sorry it's been awhile since my last post. My Henderson family suffered a loss this past Sunday, my father-in-law passed away after a long battle with cancer. We've spent a lot of the past few weeks visiting him after work and on the weekends so I haven't been home to craft. The service is tomorrow so if you wouldn't mind throwing up a prayer for my Henderson family and most importantly my mother-in-law, it would be much appreciated : )

I wanted to get online and do a quick post. To be honest I need the distraction right now and being a crafty place and mindset is what I need right now. 

Today I wanted to share a project that I made for a co-worker and his family for their Christmas present. This was also my DT project for 3 Girl Jam, you can see the post on their blog HERE 


This started off as a "naked" bird house from Kaiser Craft....
I thought I took a picture of this before I started but I can't find one so this is one I grabbed off Google...but I think you can get the general idea of how this looked before I scrapped it up : )


 I made two of the flowers above using some of they FAB crinkle ribbon from 3GJ. The larger flower is from Petaloo and the leaves are cut from Websters Pages, "Your Life Beautiful" collection. Which is also the paper I used on this project. 

 More of the yummy crinkle ribbon...this is Halloween Harvest...one of my faves. I used some Glossy Accents on the birdies to make them pop a bit and added some stickles in Copper. 



 The branch & bird is from the Tim Holtz Bird & Branch die. I inked the branch and added some more stickles on the leaves. For the bird I used some distress embossing powder in Shabby White. Topped it off with some more of the 3GJ crinkle ribbon and a Petaloo flower. Love how this turned out : )



 Here's a closer look at the flower cluster. You can probably tell that I love using the crinkle ribbon from 3GJ since I make and use these flowers on a lot of my projects. I just love how versatile it is and Julie does a FAB job of creating such wonderful colors. 



Well...that's all I had for today. Thanks for stopping by and checking out another scrappy post. 

I plan to get back to my regular posting this weekend after everything from the funeral is over. It's been a difficult week for sure for our family and I do appreciate the kind words and prayers from those that I've heard from through Facebook and by email and text. It truly means a lot. 

Happy Crafting : ) 

Products used:
3 Girl Jam Crinkle Ribbon-Halloween Harvest, Sunflower, Holiday Candy
Kaiser Craft-birdhouse

Websters Pages-Your Life Beautiful collection
Petaloo-flower
Scor-tape
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Frayed Burlap
Tim Holtz Die-Bird & Branch
Stickles-Copper, Iridescent
Fab Scraps-flat back pearls
Butterfly-stash
Wood button-stash
Stampendous-Shabby White embossing enamel
Glossy Accents






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments