Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Perfect Sentiment Challenge No.27: Mother's Day Color Story

Welcome back friends for another weekly challenge with The Perfect Sentiment. I know you will love this weeks challenge as much as I did. It's all about creating a Mother's Day card by pulling from the color story we have for you this week.

Before I show you the color pallette..here's my card for this challenge....
And here's the amazing color story you get to use...

I have to tell you it was pretty hard to not to be inspired by this color pallette..such gorgeous colors.
Love love love these latex flowers I picked up at the CK Convention. I used these in another project I posted about HERE. I used some shimmer mist on the flower just to give it a little extra sparkle. Here's a closer look...

Love how the papers & trims just work so well together for this color story.

One last look...

I have to say that I hope this is one time my mom doesn't read my blog...I am thinking about giving this card to her for Mother's Day...lol.

Now for some awesome inspiration from my fellow DT members....

Jenn
Jan
Karen
Maggie
Sam
Sarah
Sassy
Tabitha
Theresa

Guest Designer
Chrissy

Our sponsor for this week is Shelly's Images.com
Shelly is offering up one free digi for the winner of this weeks challenge...pretty cool huh?

Now that you have been inspired by the PSDT...head into your creative space and start working on your card for this challenge.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post.

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
DCWV-The Botanical Stack
Latex flower
Want 2 Scrap pearls
Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmer Mist
Inkadinkadoo Happy Days clear stamps
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Frayed Burlap
Vintage Lace
Sheer Ribbon-scrappy stash
Staz on Jet Black ink
Tim Holtz Idea-ology staple

8 comments:

  1. Abby! The combination of papers brought out each color and perfectly work together. Your CK convention flower is so pretty and eye-catching. It is the perfect accompanient to your card. Love seeing each week your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card. The dp you used is so pretty and the flower and ribbons make it pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the distressing. The main focus color is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that big flower with the with all the frilly ribbon behind it. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower and the ribbon works great with your colors. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful creation you made this week!! I especially love your flower, it was definitely a good purchase for you to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Fabulous flower..Fabulous colours.. LOve the inside too. It's Gorgeous.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the special touches you add to your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments