Thursday, March 15, 2012

2012 CK Convention Portland Oregon Part 2

Welcome back friends...as promised today's post is going to be about some of the goodies they gave us at Convention & some of the screamin deals I picked up. I will be doing another post about the convention...that one will be to show you the projects from the classes I took. You don't have enough time in each class to finish your projects so I am still working on those each night after work (along with my items I am making for my little ScrappinAbby nook at Not Too Shabby...but more about that in another post).

Ok...first I have to share with you the Sizziz & Tim Holtz Alteration dies & embossing folders that I picked up for 70% YES 70% off...insert school girl scream here. I just about died when I saw this booth full of these dies. Of course this booth was mobbed with other crazy paper lovers like myself so I was only able to grab a handful before the mob overtook me...lol.

Can you believe they had these major brands marked down so low??? Love convention : )
I cannot wait to use this die...I already have some scrappy ideas for this one : )

Up next are the items I won from the ticket drawing at one of the classes I took...
 Umm..ok not sure why this is upside down but it's past my bedtime & I want to get this post done so I am not going to take the time to flip it...lol sorry : ) Love Prima flowers & you can't go wrong with Glimmer Mist!!!

Here are the goodie bags they handed us each night when we checked into the crop....
I really liked the paper choices in the second bag...they had some Graphic 45 in there : )

Ok there's a story behind the next pic. The 2nd night of the crop was the last day of the convention so the vendors had already tore down their booths etc and all that was left on the floor were empty boxes, trash etc. My friend Cindy & I were headed to the restroom & you had to walk past this area to get there. I saw all this scrappy stuff just tossed on the floor by one of the vendors so I walked over and snatched it up. Cindy was laughing at me at first (which is typical..lol) but before long she had some goodies in her hands too. Here's what I picked up...
I am NOT too proud to scrounge around for scrappy items that they were selling in this booth. I can create a few projects with these FREE items. So after Cindy & I were leaving the bathroom...the ladies who were watching us scrounge around were out there themselves doing the same thing...lol. Too late though as our hawk eyes snatched up the good stuff : )

Hopefully from what I have shared with you so far you can tell that I had a total blast at Convention & can't wait to go next year...better start saving now..lol. 

I will try to have the class projects posted on Friday but I won't promise since I have a few I have to finish up yet and my time is limited to craft during the week after work...kids etc. 

I hope you have a fabulous Thursday...thanks for stopping by my blog. I love that you are interested in what I have to say & share in my scrappy world. 

Happy scrappin!!!

6 comments:

  1. What type of die cut machine do you have? I'm looking to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Vagabond...I won this at an event last year and I LOVE IT!!! I use it constantly. You can use most every brand of die in this machine & it cuts through metal, heavy chipboard etc..If I wouldn't have won this one..I would have purchased one after the first time I tried one out. They've gone down a lot in price since they first came out so they are more reasonable now I think. Let me know what you end up getting :)

      Delete
  2. What a great deal you found...70% off. I am waiting for our convention to come still. It is in May.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgiana..this was my first time to attend the CK Convention & it was a blast. I can't believe I haven't been before. Can't wait to see your post from yours after May : )

      Delete
  3. What a haul! What great products at better than fabulous prices! I would have been swooning! I'm so happy for you! It's so fun buying scrapping supplies-but even better when it's such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Looks like a great convention!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments