Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 25: Sketch Challenge

Hey everyone...welcome back for another FAB challenge with The Perfect Sentiment

This weeks challenge is to create a card with a sentiment of congratulations or any sentiment that acknowledges an accomplishment or encourages someone to pursue their dreams/goals.  Examples include:  Congrats, You Did It, Dream Big, So Proud of You, You Rock, Shoot for the Stars, etc.  Remember your sentiment must be on the front of the card. 


The twist....Use the attached sketch as inspiration for your card design.  Feel free to rotate or flip the sketch to make it work for you as long as we can still see the basic outline of the sketch in your design. 

I will show you the sketch in just a moment...first here's my take on this weeks challenge....
Now here's the sketch that you will use for this challenge...
You can flip the sketch & make it your own...just be sure we can still see the basic theme in your creation. Now for more of my Celebrate You card : )


I stamped my Celebrate sentiment on some Frappaccino CS using distress ink in Iced Spice. I had this fab vintage trim I picked up junkin...inked it with some Antique Linen distress ink to give it that aged look and I topped it off with a staple after using more of the Iced Spruce around the edges. 
Now this part was really fun to do. I love to fussy cut~yes that might sound insane to some of you but I find this very relaxing & I may or may not cut with my tongue poked out...hey it helps me cut straight ; ) anyway I fussy cut the peonie that matches the one directly underneath...inked the edges with more Iced Spruce & used a dimensional adhesive dot to make the petals & the leaves "pop" off the card. I snipped some foam floral centers from a flower I had for the center. I really like how this turned out...it just adds so much more to card I think. 
Here's a closer look...
I've had these wooden letter tiles for some time now...I can't recall where I picked them up...I luckily had these letters in the jar. To be honest..these were my starting point for the design in this card. I wanted to use something different than just another stamped sentiment or stickers etc...these were perfect! Normally I distress the heck out of most everything I put on a card but this time I just let the embellishment speak for itself. I ran a strip of some fuzzy green trim on the bottom to finish it off. 
A little peek at the inside : )
I receive a lot of very kind comments from my followers/visitors regarding the insides of my cards. I truly appreciate your kind words. I LOVE making the inside look just as pretty as the outside...I mean..it just completes the look. I can't stand how boring and plain store bought cards look on the inside...I mean they are just white with a small sentiment inside...blech!! ; )


So are you ready to see some awesome inspiration from my fellow DT members? Just to let you know...I've already seen their cards and you will not be disappointed let me tell you...I am surrounded by some very creative & talented ladies : )


Jenn
Sami 
Jan
Karen
Maggie 
Sassy 
Tabitha
Theresa

 And don't forget to visit our guest DT for the month of March...
Cheryl

Our amazing sponsor for this weeks challenge is Pattie with Pattie's Creations 
Pattie is offering up one free digi for this weeks winner. She has been a faithful sponsor of The Perfect Sentiment so be sure to stop by her Etsy store and give her some support!!

Now that you have been inspired by the Perfect Sentiment DT...head into your creative space and get started on your card for this weeks challenge. We love seeing our faithful friends who enter our challenges each week and we would love to see some new creative friends join us as well. So tell all of your creative friends about our challenge for this week and start submitting those cards : )

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post...I will be doing a written tutorial with some photos on how to do the resist embossing technique...you won't want to miss it : )

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
Coredinations CS-Frappaccino
My Minds Eye Life Stories CS-White Peonies & Green Plaid
Wood tiles-scrappy stash
Celebrate sentiment-scrappy stash
Green Trim-scrappy stash
Tim Holtz Ideaology staple
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Iced Spruce & Antique Linen
Vintage trim-scrappy stash

8 comments:

  1. really nice card this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card, great color pallete

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card, I love the entire look ...your dressing up the inside is such an added pleasure....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just gorgeous! I love the color tones and layering. Cute letter tiles-very creative:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the muted tones on this one - beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such wonderful detail on this one! I like that you created this from the tiles, you're right in that it's nice to sometimes use non-traditional sentiments!! Beautiful creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fussy cutter! Is there anyone that can do that without sticking out their tongue? This is stunning, Abby! Love the paper and the sentiment. Fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments