Monday, March 26, 2012

Made Especially For You...Distressed Ink Technique

Welcome back friends...it's Monday so that means it's time for another weekly challenge with Made Especially For You

This weeks challenge is featuring the distress ink technique..this is something I use ALL the time so I was happy to see this challenge : )

Take a look at my card....
I really like how this card turned out. I used my new Sizzix Pear embossing folder along with some trim I picked up at the CK Convention...always fun to use new scrappy goodies : )

Here's a closer look at the deep embossing on this card. I used two different Distress Inks on this card...Tim Holtz's Frayed Burlap & Forest Moss. I also used the Forest Moss on the distressed edges of the cardstock & mini paper bag. 
So a little story behind the mini paper bag. This is from our local hardware store...I found them when I was with my hubby a while back. I just cut it down to the size I wanted & glued the bottom so it would make a small pocket. This held the paper flowers nicely & I topped it off with my "Hi" sentiment. Pretty cute huh?
Here's some of that yummy trim by Mon Ami Gabby.
I used more of the Distress Ink on the inside card as well. Wrapped some more of the green sheer ribbon & added another paper flower...Volia!!

Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is Whoopsi Daisy 
Cute name huh? The winner will receive two sheets of stamps..what a great prize!! Be sure to stop by their webpage and check out all the fab images they have available. 

So now that you have been inspired by my card (hopefully) be sure to head on over to the Made Especially For You challenge blog to see the cards from very creative fellow DT members. You will also want to check out all of the rules & guidelines surrounding this challenge.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post. I will be sharing with all of you my little ScrappinAbby nook at my friends shop, Not Too Shabby. 

Happy Scrappin!!


Products used:
Kraft CS
Bazzill-yellow
Sizzix Pear embossing folder
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Forest Moss & Frayed Burlap
Green sheer ribbon-scrappy stash
Mon Ami Gabby-green trim
Mon Ami Gabby-paper flowers
Mini paper sack-local hardware store
Stampology Clear Stamps-Hi sentiment



4 comments:

  1. Abby! This is gorgeous! I love that pear embossing folder and the little paper sack on the front with the flowers. And, I especially love that you always show the inside of your cards and how they coordinate with the front. My eye is now out for those little sacks! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby! This card is BEAUTIFUL! Love that embossing and ink! Super great job!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty!! Love all your detail work!!!
    jordanbev5 AT yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card-love the inking and the embossing-great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments