Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 23: Easter Color Story

It's Wednesday so you know what that means...yup..another FAB weekly challenge from The Perfect Sentiment

I love this week in our challenge rotation. I love being inspired by colors to create & design something scrappy. The color story photo for this challenge was a great one for sure. I will show that to you in just a moment..first let me show you my Easter creation....



And now the inspirational color story photo...

I had a lot of fun coming up with a card for this weeks challenge...so may ways to interpret the above image. 

I love these formed floral brads...I actually snipped the brad portion off so I could cluster them together. It's like these were meant for this weeks color story.
I picked up this gorgeous green trim from my recent trip to the CK Convention. I like how it blends so well with the colors and how it sort of mimics grass.










You know me...always coordinating the inside..LOVE that trim!!!

Now for some AMAZING inspiration from my fellow DT members....


Sami 
Jan
Karen
Maggie 
Sam 
Sassy 
Tabitha
Theresa

And we also have a guest DT for the month of March...
Cheryl

Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is Shelly's Images 

Shelly is offering up one free digi image for the winner of this weeks challenge...how cool is that???

Just some reminders...you must create your Easter card with some form of Easter sentiment displayed on the front of the card. You must also use three or more of the colors in the color story image above.  Be sure to check out all of the details surrounding the challenge at the Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog


Now that you have been inspired by the PSDT cards..head on into your creative space and start working on your challenge for this week. 


I will be doing a continuation post on Thursday from my 2012 CK (Creating Keepsakes) Convention. I will be showing you some of the projects from the classes I took along with some of the scrappy goodies that found their way home with me : )


Be sure to come back for another scrappy post.


Happy Scrappin!!


Products used:
Coredinations Canvas Texture CS-Sandtrap
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Seasonal paper
The Scrapcake-plaid CS
Pink twine-scrappy stash
The Girls Paperie-floral brads
Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal staples
Mon Ami Gabby-green trim
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Walnut Stain
Colorbox Cat Eye-Pink
Kaiser Craft Basic Pearls-Hot Pink
Inkadinkadoo clear stamps-Happy Easter sentiment

7 comments:

  1. I love the soft vintage feel of your image and card with a touch of darker colors in your dp. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the details you packed into this card nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love all the elements.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card !! That green trim was a great buy. I hope you bought enought to use on alot of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trim, pearls, yarn all add so much to your card. The way you decorate the inside as well -I've done the same the last few cards I've made. Your such an inspiring crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all the little details that went into this Abby, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous... love the dimension, the ribbon, use of twine - all great details.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments