Friday, January 10, 2014

Don't Forget About Me!!

Hi Friends! Today I am heading into surgery on both of my hands...yes I said BOTH of my hands. So I am slightly nervous, anxious and in one aspect happy to be going in as my hands/fingers have been in so much pain. It makes it tough for a girl to craft for hours on end as I LOVE doing : )

Not to be TMI or gross anyone out but I for some reason have a body that loves to grow ganglion cysts in joints/knuckles on my fingers. I've had 4 removed already on 4 different fingers but never both hands at the same time. This will prove to be intersting with all the normal activities one does with their hands...fixing my hair, scratching my nose, crafting, even feeding myself. BUT I am blessed with an amazing hubby and two wonderful teenage kids who are going above and beyond to help me during recovery. 

I don't have an actual project to share with you all today but I do have a video where I talk a bit about my surgery, some upcoming DT projects, my fave TH/Sizzix Dies that they've been showing sneak peeks of for CHA and some fun photos of my family. I've never really done just a rambly crafty chat video before but hey, I was trying to use up some nervous energy last night when I made it and I wanted to let all of YOU my faithful followers that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth if you don't see a new post in the next few weeks. I will be rockin sutured bandaged hands for two weeks at least so that won't allow me to "play" for awhile. But I do have a few posts that I've scheduled to go up while I'm down. 

Here's the video...

Well...I'd better get off the computer and get myself ready. We have to leave in a little more than an hour for check in. Can I just say that I am craving a Starbucks BIG TIME!!!! This no eating/drinking the night before is killing me. I've already had at least one cofffee by now...lol. 

Thanks friends for stopping by and checking out another scrappy but more chatty post. I will miss you all while I'm gone but I will be back as soon as I'm able to use my hands. 

Keep checking back and don't forget about me :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you girlie!! I love your video and you didn't seem too scattery! ;) I know the surgery is gotta be scary, but if God could get my dad through his serious surgery He can get you through this as well! Your hands will look so much better. Maybe a video of how your hands look after full recovery would be good. Just something to think about. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Abby! I hope that your surgery went well today and that you are feeling okay. I loved your video today! I have an achy hand today and think maybe it's some sympathy pains! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments