Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Custom Purple Name Board

Happy Tuesday & welcome back to another scrappy post : )

Today I will be showing you a name board a co-worker ordered from me, well this is actually one of three but this is the one I have done so far. I will show you the others once they are done.


As you can tell from the board, her name is Lori. She wanted her board to be in purples & browns so I went through the papers I had and found some that I really liked in one of my many DCWV paper stacks, this one happens to be from the Latte Stack (which I LOVE since it's mostly purple..my fave).

I covered the "naked" chipboard letters in coordinating papers & cut them out with my craft knife...these letters are a bit thinner than I normally use so it was quite the challenge this time around.
To make the chipboard letters pop off the panels a bit...I added some ribbon & trim to some of them. Here's a closer shot of the O....
I don't remember where I bought this fluffy purple trim but I love it...I'm almost out so I have been sort of hoarding it...lol.
I really like how this panel turned out...I simply sanded/distressed the card stock and it instantly gave it this aged look which I really like. The small purple flowers & brad are from my wedding. I made a couple hundred small favor boxes and had these flowers on the top with some sheer purple ribbon....which is what I used to join the boards together.
I really like this paper...it's so funky and can be used with so many color combos. I inked the edges of the "I" a bit so it would pop off this busy background.

Here's the backside of the name board....
I like to make the backside look nice too so it looks good from all angles. The board I have on my desk that I made about 4+ years ago has more bling and embellis on the backside. You can dress these up as much or as little as you want. For me it just depends on who is ordering the board and what they ask for.

I've made quite a few of these for co-workers, friends and for some people I have met through my ScrappinAbby business. They aren't that hard to do and can be a great way to use up some of the smaller scraps of paper you have leftover from other projects. You can purchase these chipboard panels but I have different sources for these and I cut them down to the size I want and punch my own holes so I can customize these.

I am in the process of making some tutorial videos and making a name board is one of the projects on that list in case any of you are interested in learning how to create one of these yourself. You don't have to even make it a person's name...I had some orders during the holidays to make ones that say Peace, Love and Noel which I posted about here. The possibilities are endless for this type of project...just let the creative juices flow : )

Thanks for stopping by my blog today & checking out another scrappy post...be sure to come back tomorrow as we are having another weekly challenge at The Perfect Sentiment.

Happy Scrappin!!

*I will edit this post later today and add my supply list...I don't have it with me right now*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments