Monday, January 2, 2012

Made Especially For You...New Years Card With Glitter

Happy New Years my craft & scrappy friends : )  Sorry for being "MIA" for the past few days. I've had some family medical issues & with ringing in the New Year & spending time with my family...I haven't been as faithfully blogging as I normally do. I know the holidays can be a super busy time for everyone and I am really excited to start this new year and get back to scrappin & blogging on a regular basis : )

Welcome back for another weekly challenge at Made Especially For You! This weeks challenge fits right in with the spirit of this week...create a New Year's card featuring glitter. You can create this card in any color scheme you want..just as long as there is glitter in the card somewhere. 


Here is my DT submission for this weeks challenge.....
I knew I had the perfect paper to use for this challenge once I found out we had to use glitter. The glittery striped paper is from the All Dressed Up stack by DCWV. I admit that I am a DCWV paper stack junkie and I am proud of it :)  I have soooo many of their paper stacks & they just came out with some new ones for 2012...can't wait to pick up some more!

The polka-dot glittery ribbon is from Dashes, Dots and Checks. I think I bought this at either Michaels or Joann's, it's been awhile since I purchased this.
I tied some Charcoal black/white twine around the 2012, the C & on the inside of the card~that pic is coming up~you can find this twine at The Twinery.
The glitter letter & number stickers are from Making Memories, Shimmer Alpha. I have to confess that I can't recall where the large chipboard C is from...I don't typically keep my chipboard letters in their original packaging. I used some QuickSilver pigment ink from Color Box Cat Eye inks after distressing the edges of the card stock.
I used more of the striped glitter paper on the inside and tied some of the Charcoal black/white twine to carry the look from the front to the inside.

And one last look of my glittery New Year's card...........


Now you will want to head on over to the Made Especially For You Challenge Blog to check out some more inspiration from my fellow DT members and for all of the details surrounding this week's challenge. 

The sponsor we have for this week is Decade of Scrap and they are offering up a fabulous prize of up to three sets of digital New Year's sentiments. Be sure to head on over to their website and show them some love : )

I also want to take a moment and thank each and everyone of you that have become my followers & continue to come back and take a peek into my scrappy world. I am still fairly new in the blogging world so it just makes me so happy to see my followers increase and it blows my mind that people want to come back and see what new projects, scrappy purchases or junkin treasures I have found.

I hope you all have a fantastic first week of the New Year & be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments