Sunday, January 29, 2012

DCWV January Stack-a-holic Template Challenge!!!

Hi Friends...welcome back to another scrappy post...this is gonna be a good one as it's all about a LO I did for the January Stack-a-holic template challenge over at Erin's DCWV Diary blog..you can read all about it here.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DCWV paper stacks & had so much fun creating this LO. I am still scrappin up my wedding photos from 2 1/2 years ago..we seriously had a TON of photos taken due to have 2 photographers so this has been a work in progress since 2009 & I love it. 

Even though my wedding colors were purple..the Be Mine stack was just perfect for a LO of my wedding photos. The colors from the pages I used go so well with the photos I picked out. So without further ado...here's my LO I've called "Happily Ever After".....
I am seriously thrilled with how this turned out. The sketch shows 3 photos & I just happened to have these printed off and ready to go on a page.  
This paper is just gorgeous..the detail in the letters..textures & rich colors is just FAB! The blue felt trim at the top is from the Vintage Street Market Crate Paper Trims Neighborhood Collection (I cut the trim in half).
I fussy cut the Happily Ever After & added some pop dots for some dimension. I also didn't want to cover up the adorable cherubs in the background.
For the swag portion of the sketch I decided to fussy cut some more sentiments from the stack. I added some white eyelets and tied the sentiments using some Blossom twine from The Twinery to the soft pink wired ombre ribbon...Perfect!!
This next part was really fun as I was able to "play" with some of my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. The fabric scalloped trim comes plain..like muslin. I spritzed it with some Rose Glimmer Mist...let it dry and then spritzed it with some Glimmer Mist in Meadow Green. I was really thrilled that it turned out matching the DCWV paper so well...almost like I bought them together. I stapled the scallops to create a gathered feel. The flowers are cut from some ribbon I bought at a local craft store..I added some purple 1/2 pearls to make them pop off the page a bit. Here's a closer pic of the scalloped trim...
And one last look at my Happily Every After LO using the DCWV Be Mine stack & Metallic Stack....


Even though my wedding colors were purple...I found from this challenge that I don't always need to reach for mostly purple papers. I will most definitely be using more of the Be Mine stack in my wedding album. I think I will be putting this LO in a frame...I just love it (and I don't mean this in a tooting my own horn kinda way-I say this in the sense that the papers from DCWV are just so gorgeous and makes all of my projects turn out great!!! 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today and letting me share another scrappy creation with you that not only showcases the DCWV paper stacks but also gives you a glimpse into of of the most AMAZING days of my life (second only to the birth of my children). 

*Update-Erin at DCWV has just posted her video from CHA on her blog..you can check it out here. Trust me you don't want to miss this...they have a scrapbook tree~insert high pitched schoolgirl giggle here~


Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post & weekly challenge from Made Especially For You challenge blog. 


Happy Scrappin!!


Recipe for this LO:
DCWV Be Mine stack & The Metallic Stack-Nightlife
Coredinations Canvas Texture-Sandtrap
The Twinery-Blossom
Vintage Street Market-Crate Paper Trims-Neighborhood Collection
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar
Pen used for journaling-Stampin Up-Chocolate Chip
Fab Scraps-1/2 pearls in purple
Tim Holtz Staples
White eyelets-from my scrappy stash
Mistable Trim-from my scrappy stash
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist-Rose & Meadow Green



1 comment:

  1. So pretty Abby. Lots of great textures there... love those tags. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments