Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 13: Vellum Valentines

Welcome back friends for another weekly challenge at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog!

Now that the holidays are over...I am ready to put my Christmas & winter scrappy items away and start working with some different colored papers & embellis so this challenge couldn't have come at a better time :)

This week's challenge is to create a card with a Valentines themed sentiment and the twist is to use vellum somewhere on your project. Here is my card for this weeks challenge..........
I was so happy to get some of my new paper stacks out and start working on something non-Christmas for a change. The floral/patterned paper is from the new DCVW Be Mine Stack & I am in love with this paper let me tell you. I just loved the colors in this paper...very shabby romantic to me. 

The sentiment on the vellum is from Quick Quotes & pretty much sums up how I feel about my hubby : )  I can't recall where the blue flower is from...I keep all of my flowers in vintage glass dishes etc so I don't always remember who they're from. 

The dreamy blue satin ribbon is actually vintage which I just love. Not only is my scrapbook room decor vintage but I also use a lot of vintage items on my projects. I added a key/heart charm on some twine and hand wrote valentine on some chipboard. I rounded the corners on this card to sort of soften it up a bit. 


Here's the inside of the card.....



And one last look at my Vellum Valentine....





Now for some inspiration from my fellow DT members...



Sami 
Sarah 
Jan 
Tere 
Joan aka Sassy 
Jennipher
Theresa

And two of our newest DT Members...please be sure to make them feel welcome : )
Maggie
Jessica 

January 2012 Guest Designers (please be sure to make them feel welcome as well)
Ashley 
Karen 
Tabitha 

Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is Eye-Lets Etc. Inc. 




The fab prize they are offering up this week is a sheet of vellum stickers~sorry this prize is only available to those who reside in the US. If the winner for this weeks challenge happens to reside outside of the US, they will receive digital images. 


Please be sure to check out all of the details surrounding this weeks challenge at The Perfect Sentiment.


I also wanted to take a moment and bid farewell to some of my fellow DT members here at the PSCB...

Rochelle 
Shaunna 
Stacey
Kimberly

To each of you ladies I really enjoyed being on the same DT as all of you and I wish you each nothing but the best in your creative & crafty endeavors : ) 


Now that you have been inspired by the Perfect Sentiment DT...head on into your creative space and get to scrappin on your card for this weeks challenge. 


Be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )




10 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your Valentine's day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby I love the color palette, the layout, all the details, this is probably my favorite card you have ever made, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous colors. Love the added touch of the key.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card love the use of vellum and that key is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Abby! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it sure is "shabby/ romantic"- and oh, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using the charms! I've bought lots & haven't used them! Thanks for the idea. Your whole card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Abby! I think it's great how you thought outside of the red,white,pink combo for Valentine's. The patterns are gorgeous and the little details you've added are jut the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely shabby wonderful!!! Very soft, shabby and romantic for sure!! You always create wonderful items to share with us all!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments