Monday, January 23, 2012

Made Especially For You...Occasion Week Challenge!

Welcome back fellow scrappers & crafters...it's Monday so you know what that means right??? Another challenge over at The Made Especially For You Challenge Blog.

This week the challenge is Occasion Week and you need to create a card "especially for a friend". Now this doesn't have to be for anyone specific...just create a friendship card. 

Here is my take on this weeks challenge....
This was such a fun card to create. I was able to use some vintage items on this along with some new goodies I had. 
I purchased this sheet of vintage images with friendship sentiments and hadn't used it yet so this challenge was the perfect time to cut into this sheet. The bead trim is from Vintage Street Market and the vintage office paper clip is from my stash of vintage trinkets I've picked up along the way. 
I picked up the metal flower from a crop I went to last October..love it!!! The small blue flower in the center was just the perfect touch to soften it up a bit. 
The white/gold trim wrapped around the bottom of the card is from Vintage Street Market & the soft blue ribbon is from an estate sale goody bag. I inked up a small pink flower to age it a bit to compliment the pink in the vintage sentiment. I used some TH Antique Stain Distress Ink along the edges of the card stock & patterned paper for an aged look to with the Victorian vintage feel I was going for. 
Instead of wrapping the white/gold trim around the card stock on the front of the card...I wrapped it completely around the card itself so it would be seen from the inside and sort of pull the look from the front to the inside.
I did something a little different this time for the matting on the card stock...I put a strip on the left hand side..clearly not earth shattering by any means but just something I haven't done before.

And here's one more look at Friendship card...

The sponsor we have for this weeks challenge is Designs On Cloud 9. They are offering up a fantastic prize for the winner for the challenge...a $20 voucher to their online store...that is a fab prize for sure. Don't forget to stop by the Made Especially For You Challenge Blog for all of the details surrounding the challenge AND to see some more Friendship cards by my fellow DT members. 

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post...I will be doing a post on a LO I made using some more of the Be Mine Stack from DCWV. 

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
Core-dinations Canvas Texture card stock-Sandtrap
Heartwarming Vintage Cuts-Friends and Flowers
Kaiser Craft-Bonjour paper pad
Vintage Street Market-white/gold trim, bead trim
Vintage paper clip-estate sale 
Metal flower-scrapbook store (was loose in a jar)
Pink flower-floral dept at a craft store
Prima-small blue flower
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Idea-ology staple






1 comment:

  1. This card is so pretty, Abby! Love the vintage look. :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments