Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quick & Easy Blue Mini

Welcome back for another scrappy post : )

Today I wanted to share a project with you that I actually created a while back. My daughter and I are just getting over the flu and I haven't felt up to working in my scrapbook room so I dug into some older projects I've done.

This is a blue mini I made in less than 30 minutes...I think it took me longer to choose the papers than it did to make it : )

I used a variety of patterned, textured & solid papers cut into different sizes. Punched a hole in the corner of each one and tied some coordinating ribbon through all of the papers. 
For the album...I just cut a 12x12 piece of card stock in half...folded up the bottom portion a few inches to create a pocket. I glued two buttons on the front flap & the pocket portion...added some twine to the top button which can be wrapped around the second button to close the album.



This is a pretty simple project to do in any color scheme and you could of course add some embellis, more trim etc to it but I wanted to create something really simple, quick and easy. This would be a great project to whip out when you needed a quick gift or even as a craft for a kids project. 

I normally spend a lot of time on my projects...picking out the papers/materials to use...all of the embellis...ribbons..trims etc so it was fun to just make something so simple this time. In a way this was a challenge for me as I LOVE to layer/distress/ink and use lots of embellis so it was hard for me to put down the trims and walk away...lol : )  What kinds of challenges do you encounter when you are crafting/creating? 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back for another scrappy post : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments