Monday, January 9, 2012

Made Especially For You...Machine Emboss

Hi there fellow crafters...welcome back for another challenge with the Made Especially For You Challenge Blog

Before I get to the challenge I do want to mention that I have some announcements that will be at the end of this post...so keep your eyes peeled!

The challenge for this week is to create a card using machine embossing. There are a variety of machines out there that you can use for this challenge...Sizziz, Cuttlebug or the Tim Holtz Vagabond...these just happen to be the ones that I own so I am sure there are others out there that I didn't mention. 

Here is my take on this weeks challenge............

I picked up the Distressed Frame & Postal texture fades from the Tim Holtz Alterations line right before Christmas so I was anxious to use them on a project. Since the challenge doesn't call for a specific sentiment or occasion, I thought it would be fun to play around with some shabby papers & French postal goodies I had. I will have a full supply list at the end of this post.
I used some Kraft card stock for the embossed portion on this card. The stamped "Merci" is from a set I purchased a few years back and I didn't keep the packaging so I forgot who made this*blush*. This was stamped on a ticket from Vintage Findings by Making Memories. I used a TH staple and wrapped some vintage pink string around the sentiment after distressing and inking the edges. 



I tied some pink trim around the layers of card stock & topped it off with some stick pins & a vintage pastel pink wood button topped off with some cotton twine.



Another vintage button just to balance out the right side of the card. I love how deep that embossing is on the Kraft card stock and when you ink it...the detail just pops even more. 
*There's really not a spot on my card...we are taking the camera in to be cleaned as it's on the inside* It's my hubby's super nice Canon camera so we won't be taking this apart ourselves to resolve this issue : )



I used more of the paper from the front on the inside to carry the French shabby postal feel throughout the whole card. I stapled more of the pink trim & cotton twine as well. 



I am pretty pleased with how this French postal shabby chic card turned out. I had fun playing with my new scrappy goodies that I've been dying to use. 


You will want to head on over to Made Especially For You Challenge Blog by clicking here so you can see more machine embossed cards by my fellow DT members & be inspired to head to your creative space and start working on your submission.



The sponsor we have for this weeks challenge is K 'n K Designs. They are offering up a fab prize for the winner...their choice of three digital stamp sets. So be sure to head to the Made Especially For You blog so you can get all the details surrounding this weeks challenge. 


Now for the announcements I mentioned at the beginning of my post. First up...The Made Especially For You Challenge Blog is hosting a DT call..yes you read that right. Ashley...our awesome & amazing leader has posted all of the DT call information on her blog here. I've been a part of this DT since October and I have to say that is has been nothing but a BLAST and you will get the chance to work with some really creative and talented ladies and with me of course ; ) So be sure to head on over to her website to check out all of the info if you are interested. 


Next up is a really really awesome giveaway from Really Reasonable Ribbon. They are celebrating their 2 year blog anniversary and they are giving away a FAB and I mean FAB collection of items that is valued at over $75!!! Trust me you won't want to miss out on your chance to find out how you can enter this fab giveaway...you can find out all the details here.

Lots of exciting things in this post wouldn't you agree? Don't forget to work on your card for this weeks challenge and be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )


Items used on this project:
Coredinations Foundations Card stock-Lipstick
Tim Holtz idea-ology Vintage Shabby papers
Kraft Card Stock
Tim Holtz Texture Fades-Postal
Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Walnut Stain
Ticket-Vintage Findings Making Memories
Vintage buttons/trim
Misc. stick pins (purchased in a kit from Costco)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments