Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 15: Friendship Sentiment and A Sketch!!!

Welcome back my scrappy friends for yup...you guessed it another awesome weekly challenge from The Perfect Sentiment.

The challenge for this week is to create a card with a friendship sentiment and the twist is to use the sketch...which I will show you in just a moment. First let me show you my take on this weeks challenge....

This was such a fun card to create...I haven't made a circle card in quite some time so it was great to create with this shape again. I cut the circle shape from some Kraft card stock with my Cricut George and Basic Shapes cartridge. 

Instead of having a fold line or use ribbon to hold the card together...I decided to try a new closure for this card. I used a hinge (I picked up a baggie of these at a yard sale this summer) and ran some vintage pink twine to hold it all together. The sentiment is from a sheet of vintage tags I picked up awhile back...was happy to finally use one : )
I fussy cut some butterflies from the Kaiser Craft Bonjour collection. I used some Bubblegum Stickles & Glossy Accents on the two smaller butterflies just to jazz them up a bit. 
Here's a closer shot.....
This is some more GORGEOUS paper from the Bonjour collection. It's hard to tell in this picture but the flowers in this fab gold foil print...love it!!! The pink trim is from the Neighborhood Collection from Vintage Street Market...it wrapped perfectly around the card.   
I cut another circle but used white Bazzill...fussy cut some flowers and used some foam adhesive to make them pop off the page a bit...here's a closer pic...

Love me some dimensional adhesives : )



Just another view of the fussy cut flowers...just cuz I think they look pretty cool :)

And one last shot of my circle Friendship card...

Now for the sketch you need to use for this weeks challenge....

Get ready for some amazing inspiration from my fellow DT members.....

Sarah 
Jan 
Joan aka Sassy 
Maggie
Jessica
Theresa
Jennipher

Guest DT Members........
Ashley 
Karen 
Tabitha

And our fab sponsor for this week.......Pattie's Creations
Patty is offering up one free digi for the winner of this challenge. Be sure to check out her webpage and tell her the Perfect Sentiment sent you : )

Now that you are inspire from the DT members...head into your creative space and get to scrappin up your card for this weeks challenge. Don't forget to stop by the Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog for all of the details surrounding the challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back for another scrappy post. 

Happy Scrappin : )

Products used:
Kraft card stock
Kaiser Craft Bonjour Collection (love this)
Sentiment-HeartWarming Vintage Cuts "Friends & Flowers"
Metal hinge-picked up from a yard sale
Pink trim-Vintage Street Market Neighborhood Collection
Satin trim-estate sale
Bazzill-pink and white
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar


 

7 comments:

  1. Abby, this is really pretty, and I like how you put the flowers on the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I have yet started design the insides of my card, may be soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love that you always give us a peek at the inside that always coordinates so very well with the card cover. The DSP is to die for - absolutely gorgeous! So very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so beautiful. I love the vintage look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you put the butterflies across.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and it looks to have been many steps to complete. I especially enjoy the "fussy cut" butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments