Thursday, January 19, 2012

Altered Vintage Frame...Finally!!!!

Hello my faithful followers...today I am finally posting pics of a true vintage frame I scrapped up. I bought this frame last summer at a city-wide antique & yard sale in historic Brownsville Oregon, which is about 15 minutes from where I live. Want to know something really cool about this quaint town? Some of the scenes from the movie, Stand By Me, was filmed in Brownsville. Of course this town is known for more than just being in this movie but that is one of the popular facts known about this cute town...I love going there. Ok so back to the actual scrap related post : )

Here's the frame right after I bought it...
It just happens to be sitting on the vintage shabby hutch I found the same day that is in my scrapbook room...I was so excited when I came across this beauty!


And here is how it looks now....

Ok so I technically didn't alter the frame itself...I couldn't bring myself to do that. I LOVE how it looks as it...that's the charm of it being vintage. So I just used some vintage scrappy items along with a few new items to make a masculine vintage sweetheart frame. Turned out pretty cool huh?

The background paper & this "to my sweetheart" post card are from the DCWV Be Mine Stack. I've posted about this paper stack previously and I love it...so many uses. The trim (and most everything else on this project) is from the Vintage Romance Kit I bought at the Vintage Street Market..I posted about that purchase here.
I cut a flower from a vintage book by using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die...wrapped some old lace around it...added a stick pin & an old button I won in a vintage pack.
I found this gorgeous trim at a local craft store & I love it...I thought it went perfectly on the edge of this vintage photo. 
Love love love the patina on this old wooden frame!!!

 I am pretty pleased with how this impromptu scrappy project turned out and the beauty of this is that I can easily pop the this out of the frame...create something new and slip it back in for a totally different look. 


Thanks for stopping by...I do appreciate all of you who do. Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post.


Happy Scrappin : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments