Monday, January 30, 2012

Made Especially For You...Sketch Challenge!!

Well hello there my fellow scrappers & crafters : ) Welcome back for another weekly challenge from the Made Especially For You Challenge Blog.

The sketch for this weeks challenge was designed by one of our very own DT members...Beckie. Be sure to check out her blog here.

I will get to her sketch in just a moment but first let me show you my take on this weeks challenge......
And here's the sketch from Beckie...


You probably recognize the paper I am using..it's the Be Mine stack from DCWV. I have just been so inspired by this stack that I keep making more scrappy items from it. The Postale paper on the shipping tag is from the TH Shabby Vintage stack. I put some dimensional adhesive dots on the birds after I fussy cut them. 
Here's a closer look at that...
I fussy cut the hearts and added some stickles to one and some glossy accents to the other. Here's a closer look at that detailing...
I love the distress shabby feel of this card!

And now for the inside...
I thought it would be fun to use a shipping tag as the journaling spot for the inside of this card. And here's one last look....
I am a lover of purple but I am really loving all this pink I am finding in the Be Mine stack...definitely a favorite right now!!


Our sponsor for this weeks challenge is K'n K Designs. They are offering up a great prize for this winner of this weeks challenge...3 digi stamp sets of the winners choice. Be sure to stop by Katlyn's blog and check out all the digis she has available. 


Don't forget to head over to the Made Especially For You Challenge Blog for all of the details surrounding this weeks challenge and to take a look at all the amazing inspiration cards for this challenge from my fellow DT members. 


Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post...I am going to show you another name board I made for a co-worker. 


Happy Scrappin!!!


Recipe used:
Kraft cardstock
DCWV-Be Mine stack
Tim Holtz-Vintage Shabby stack
Avery shipping tag-purchased at Staples
The Twinery-Blossom twine
Home Sweet Home-wired ombre ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar
Tim Holtz Staple
Coredinations Canvas Texture-Lipstick
Colorbox Cat Eye chalk-Rouge
Really Reasonable Ribbon-Valentines Mix (white ribbon)
Small pink flowers-scrappy stash
Glossy Accents
Stickles-Crystal Ice

2 comments:

  1. Aw Abby, You're too kind. Thanks a million for your kind shout out about the sketch.

    Love your card. Super pretty.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Beckie..you deserve it. I LOVED the sketch you did..great job : )

      Delete

Creative Comments