Sunday, January 22, 2012

CAS-ual Friday Challenge #36

Welcome back to another scrappy post! Today I am showing you all a card I made for Challenge #36 Penguin Suit over at CAS-ual Fridays.

The challenge is to create a card with nothing but black & white in celebration of National Penguin Awareness Day which was on January 20th. 

This was such a fun challenge to participate in and I knew exactly which papers I wanted to use for this card. 
I bought the Colorbok Midnight patterned paper a while back and fell in love with the damask print right away. I paired it with some white Bazzil and few other items and came up with this Black/White beauty to give away to a friend : )

I'm not sure if I should tell you where this flower came from but I am going to anyway : )  This flower is from the flip flops my daughter wore in our wedding two summers ago. She only wore them during the reception and when we were cleaning out her room she found these up in the top part of her closet. Of course they were too small to wear anymore so before we tossed them in the trash..I snipped the two flowers off so I could use them on some scrappy projects. I just inked the edges & added a glittery brad and voila!!
 I stamped a friendship sentiment and topped it off with some Charcoal twine from The Twinery.
I added some FAB black ribbon from May Arts. I won this from the Graphic 45 & May Arts Blog hop that I posted about here. This ribbon is just gorgeous and I was lucky enough to win a whole spool of this!!


And now for the inside.....
I used more of the yummy twine on the inside to complete the look. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today...I do appreciate all of you who do & the comments you leave me as well. 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post.

Happy Scrappin!!


Products used:
Bazzill Card stock-white & black
Colorbok-Midnight paper pad
Stamped Sentiment-clear stamps~purchased from HSN~
May Arts-black ribbon
Flower-daughter's flip flop ; )
Colorbox Fluid Chalk-Blackbird~use on edges of the papers
StazOn ink-Jet Black~stamped sentiment
Glittery brad-from scrappy stash
Recollections foam dimensional dots






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Abby. Love the Black and White theme. Your truly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a piece of art here! Thanks for sharing the inside of your gorgeous card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments