Sunday, June 8, 2014

May Arts 2014-15 Design Team Call Submission

Hi Friends! Today's post is all about my projects I'm submitting for the May Arts 2014-15 Design Team call..Whoop Whoop!!! I have quite a few projects to share along with a tutorial so let's get started : )

My first project is an altered linen mini book which is also my tutorial for the DT Call. So be sure to watch for the additional projects below the tutorial and video.
I also have a tutorial video that shows you how I made several elements within this project using different May Arts Ribbons & Trims...
Since I go over in detail all of the ways I used the May Arts trim, I'm just going to show you a photo of how I used Item No.364-15-12 and turned the ribbon into some fish tail banners for the project...
I stamped an image on the ribbon, traced it with my Distress Marker and cut it out. I then used my distress tool and frayed the edges. Loved how this turned out and it looks great in the mini. 

Here are some photos of the completed project:
Altered Linen Mini Book

Project No.2 Altered Clock & Mini
Project No.3 Vintage Book Album
Click HERE to see a slide show of all the pages
 
Project No.4 Altered Tin Cans
Project No.5 Mixed Media Card
Project No.6 Bucket of Spring Flowers




Wow..that's quite the list of projects...I appreciate you sticking with me through all of the photos : )
 
As you can tell I LOVE to use ribbon in my projects in as many different ways as I can...and for the record...there is quite a lot of May Arts ribbons & trims in the projects above...I can't help but reach for this yummy ribbon when working on my projects. 
 
I will have a link to the videos I've created for each project above at the end of the post, this way you can see them up close and have a little more detail as to how I created each one if you're interested. 
 
Please keep your fingers & toes crossed for me...I made it to the Second Round last year for the Video DT spot so this year I'm hoping to get that far again and actually make the team...that would be the ULTIMATE and is on my crafty Bucket List for sure. 
 
Thanks again for stopping by my blog and for looking through my May Arts 2014-15 DT Call submission projects.
 
Happy Crafting!!
 
Links to videos:
Altered Clock & Mini: http://youtu.be/2ITz_3r8atg
Vintage Book Album:http://youtu.be/DdPzfRREXsg
Altered Tin Cans:http://youtu.be/qQL6u0ramVA
Mixed Media Card:http://youtu.be/Qo-cyNx03GI
Bucket of Spring Flowers:http://youtu.be/A9GvTIh2TLA



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments