Friday, August 2, 2013

ClearSnap and Scor-pal You and Me Canvas

Hi Friends! I'll be sharing a special project to with all of you that was up on the Scor-pal Blog using some products from ClearSnap and Scor-pal. The reason this project is so special is because it's a mixed media canvas of my beautiful daughter Kaley and I. 


Products used:
ClearSnap Pearlized Accent Ink
ClearSnap Smooch Spritz Pink Sprinkles

Here are the products and items I selected to use for this project...

For my first layer on the canvas..I used some of the Guava spray to create a "frame" around where I was going to place my photo strip...
While that was drying I started in on my letters. I used the Smooch Glitz Sparkle in pink on the You and Me letters and used some of the Smooch Pearlized Accent ink in Gold on the & symbol...
I wanted to add some additional texture to the canvas so I mixed together some Gesso and some of the Smooch Spritz Pink Sprinkles and painted that over some texture tape that I added to the lower left hand corner of the canvas. I have a photo of this at the end of the post...
I set the canvas aside to dry and started working on my vellum rosette and accent strip that I wanted to add to the canvas. I took a 1 1/2" strip of vellum and made a score mark at every 1/2". I then folded along the score lines, cut out a circle from another piece of vellum..added some Score-tape to the circle and created a rosette...
 I didn't take a photo of this but I used another 1 1/2" strip of vellum and made a score mark at every 1/4" to create a texture strip that I used as an accent peeking out from the right hand side of my photo strip. 

Once the inks and sprays were dry I placed my letters on the canvas and used more Scor-tape to adhere everything to the canvas including my photo strip...
 For the rest of the project I simply started layering my flowers, papers and vellum pieces on the canvas. For added texture I took a black stamp pad in addition to the ClearSnap Guava ink pad and randomly stamped background images all over the canvas. I have to say I was sort of addicted to the Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink in Gold...I used it for additional texture throughout the canvas as well. I love these products...they go on so smoothly.

Here are some photos of my completed canvas..
I had so much fun creating this canvas and I was able to use some of the ClearSnap prodcuts I haven't tried before. I love how this turned out and my daughter already has it hung on the wall in her bedroom. 

I hope I was able to inspire you to use some of the amazing ClearSnap products in a mixed media canvas and with some other craft mediums along with your Scor-pal and Score-tape...two of my must have craft items. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project. 

Happy Craftin!!

1 comment:

  1. Abbey,

    I love this canvas, and love even more that it is of you and your daughter. That is SO special and you will both treasure it for the rest of your lives.

    Hugs,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments