Thursday, July 17, 2014

May Arts 2014-15 DT Final Round Projects~Journal & Note Card Box

Hi Friends! Today's post is all about my projects for the May Arts 2014-15 Final Round DT Call. I am beyond excited and nervous all at the same time BUT I am really excited to share my projects with you that I created using the yummy May Arts Ribbons & Trims. 

My original idea that I submitted to Bethney was to create a journal from some vintage paper and chipboard...I ended making not only that but also a note card box that coordinates with the journal. 

I also have a video tutorial that shows you how I created the cover of the journal using the Cotton Blend Burlap in Neutral along with a few other elements...

Here are some photos of the completed projects....
I LOVE how the cover looks with the Cotton/Burlap ribbon. 

I made a simple but cute bookmark along with some mini tags that can also be used to mark special places within the journal...
For the back cover, I wanted to use the Velvet & Crochet trim as it has such a nice feel to it and I like to feel the texture when I'm holding my journals...
 
I wanted to create an additional item to go along with this project so I altered a small box and turned it into a note card box that has a stack of the left over pieces of the vintage paper I used in the journal...
I created two flowers using the Lace/Pearl center ribbon and some of purple crochet lace trim...
I wrapped some of the Twisted Burlap Ribbon around the box to give it a rustic sort of feel and look...
And I tied it around the stack of vintage paper on the inside....
I love how these two projects turned out and how well they go together by simply tying in the same ribbons and trims....

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project. I hope I was able to inspire you to use your MA Ribbons/Trims in some fun and different ways for your projects.

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Bethney aka The Ribbon Lady for allowing me the privilege to participate in the Final Round for her DT Call. I had so much fun creating these two projects and you all know how much I LOVE May Arts ribbons and trims so getting to play with them AND be in the final round is beyond amazing. Being on the May Arts Design Team and being a Ribbonista would be such an honor, so keep your fingers and toes crossed for me : )

Happy Crafting!!



4 comments:

  1. Oh Abby, both projects are just wonderful. I love the cover to your journal, the lettering is so vintage and the textures are amazing. I can see why you love the feel of your projects, so full of layers! You would be such a fun addition to the May Art DT...love your videos and all of the love you pour into each creation. Good luck to you sweet lady! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute just found your site. Love both of these. Have not gone to check out the video yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute project! I enjoyed watching how you created it! (The "feel" of things is important to me as well! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty projects. I love that wide ribbon you used on the front of your journal. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments