I was lucky enough to be chosen by Bethney with May Arts to participate in another fantastic challenge. This time their "Partner in Craft" was Helmar. Our task was to use some of the amazing trims/ribbons from May Arts & use the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for our project. I have a quick video for you too which shows the projects up a bit closer so you can see all of the detail.
First let me show you what I made then I'll show you what I had to work with : )
A Vintage Holiday!
And here's what we were given to work with (the trims reflect what I chose)
I knew right away what I wanted to create...so I picked up some of the craft cones for the base of my trees...grabbed my inks & glimmer mists and went to town...Christmas Town that is..haha.
The first thing I wanted to do was to get all of my trims sprayed & misted so they had time to dry. I used a combination of my mists to get some blended colors.
Ok I almost didn't put this pic in here but I just had to...I didn't take pics during the inking projcess for my pom pom trim as my fingers were as red as this parchment paper...my hubby would not have been happy with me touching the fancy pants camera with this stuff all over my hands. So I took a pic of the aftermath...sorta looks like a crime scene huh? I had red fingers for about two days..haha.
While the trims were drying I started in on my trees. I used the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere all of my holiday greenery and trims to the cones.
Just had to point out my May Arts "tree stand"...haha.
And here's the final result...the "big" tree.
Here you can see the pom pom trim that I dyed...this was snow white when I first had it. I was going for this deep vintage burguny feel and I think that came through. You can also see bits of the mesh trim that I stained in a Santa Red & Mustard Seed from Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I tucked them throughout the trees so I could get more coverage from the materials that were sent to me.
I again mixed a few glimmer mists for the leaves to give them a different hue. I edged them with some Stickles to make them sort of pop from the rest of the greenery on the tree. Here you can see the Mustard Seed mesh a little better.
Here's the top of the smaller tree. Now this beautiful gold ribbon wasn't part of this challenge..but it is May Arts and it just went beautifully with the trees I thought.
I wanted to make some little wreaths using my 4th choice of trim.
Here it is before I inked it up with some Frayed Burlap.
Here you can see the distress inking a little better. I used more on the edges so they were a litte more defined. I wanted to make these look like actual burlap cloth. I stole these rings from my kids bathroom shower curtain...haha...which I haven't replaced yet ; )
This was such a fun project to work on and it sort of put me out of my comfort zone a bit since I didn't use any paper or make a mini album this time...haha. Seriously though I do LOVE May Arts ribbon and I was truly honored that Bethney chose my idea and I was given the opportunity to participate in her challenges once again.
Be sure to check out the May Arts blog for all of the other amazing projects.
Thanks for stopping by and for checking out another scrappy post.
May Arts trims/ribbons
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists-Mustard Seed, Candy Apple Red, Santa Baby, Forest Green
Reindeer Moss-scrappy stash
Frosted greenery-scrappy stash
Jingle bell-scrappy stash
Holiday berries-scrappy stash
Tim Holtz Memento pin
Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss
Tim Holtz Distress Stain-Fired Brick