Thursday, July 11, 2013

May Arts Round 2 Project:Shabby Chic Ribbon Chandelier

Hi Friends! I was over the moon excited when I saw my name in the LIST of those who made it to Round Two of the May Arts 2013-14 Design Team Call. I pretty much knew exactly what I wanted to create with the May Arts ribbon for this project...a shabby chic ribbon chandelier. I love chandys and have been looking for the perfect vintage chandelier to put in my craft room so I decided to create one from ribbon in colors I love to hang in my creative space. 
 
Since I applied for the May Arts DT Video Tutorial position, I have a video tutorial for you that shows you how I created this chandelier along with some footage of the project before I started and of the completed project....

Here are some additional photos of the completed chandelier : )
The base of the chandelier is a vintage wire hanging basket. In the video tutorial I show you how I tied the ribbons to the basket and added some decorative baubles along with the trims. Everything you see on the chandelier is from May Arts with the exception of the baubles which are hung with fishing line (that I may or may not have taken from my hubby's tackle box..lol). 

Here are a couple of photos of the chandelier hanging in my craft room in it's new home...




I really love how this chandelier turned out and the May Arts ribbons are just gorgeous and really make this chandy so beautiful & shabby chic looking...which is just what I love : )

Be sure to check out the May Arts blog as Bethney will be posting the projects from all of crafters who made it to the 2nd round. I can't wait to see the projects from the group of creative ladies on the list. 

She's making the 2013-14 Design Team announcement on July 29th so be sure to check back for that exciting post. Please keep your fingers & toes crossed for me as I would LOVE to be a Prima Ribbonista and get the opportunity to play with the gorgeous ribbons and trims May Arts has to offer. 

Thanks for checking out another scrappy post and happy craftin!!

 
 

4 comments:

  1. How incredibly cool!
    I love shabby chic so this is very interesting to me :) The idea to repurpose a vintage wire hanging basket is clever indeed.
    Best of luck with the call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you made the first cut! Beautiful chandelier! Does the light bulb singe the ribbons? Or did you make it far enough to be safe? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby this is SUPER Cool!! Good Luck! Fingers Craossed for us both!! lol - xoxoxox

    Jessica
    www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments