Sunday, July 10, 2011

All About Kaley

I am really excited about today's post since it's all about two projects I recently made for my daughter Kaley.

The first set of pictures are from a board book I made for Kaley. She will be starting middle school in the fall and I wanted to make her something that she could put pictures of her friends and all the fun times they will have together.
This is the front of the board book. I used a variety of paper lines, flowers, ribbon, embelishments and inks but most of paper is from the Little Yellow Bicycle company. The next series of pics are of each page inside the board book.

I just love the grocery bag envelopes and all the tags I made to come out of them. This will give Kaley lots of space to put pictures and for journaling too.

A picture of the backside of the board book. I feel it's important to make the back look just as nice as the front...sort of completes the look I think.


I just love how this book turned out. Creating boardbooks are one of my favorite projects to work on. You can take a plain book and just go crazy with your creativity.

The next project I will be showing you is a journal I made for Kaley to take to her summer camp that she's actually leaving for today. One of the items on the "what to bring list" was a journal. So I thought instead of buying her one or having her use one she had left over from school, I wanted to surprise her with a personalized journal.
This is a Close To My Heart journal that comes as a blank canvas. I liked that there was a clear cover sheet on the front. I almost took it off but then decided not to. I thought this would be a great thing to leave on so her journal would be protected while she was at camp and would be carrying it around outside.

A close up pic of the ribbon, inking and lettering on the cover. I normally put tons of ribbon on the spines of my boardbooks but I didn't want to fussy it up too much since she would be using this at camp.

I wanted to show the detail of the individual letters I used. I bought these a few years ago at Craft Warehouse~I can't remember the company since I didn't keep these in the original container~they came in a chinese take-out style box. There are hundreds of these letters in all different sizes & paper patterns. I decided to staple them on this piece of cardstock instead of using adhesive...just to give it a different look.

Just to show you what the inside of the journal looks like. I love that the pages are unlined...this will give Kaley a great space to write and add pictures of her memories from camp.

This is the backside of the journal. As I mentioned above I just think it is really important to make the back of any project you do as pretty as the front.


Love this glitter paper...it's just so girly : )

Kaley was really suprised when I have this to her yesterday. She had no idea I was making this for her. I didn't get a picture of her with the journal before she packed it.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my scrappy projects I made for my baby girl. They were a lot of fun to make and it was even better to see the smile on her face when I gave them to her.

Have a fabulous day : )

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are so pretty! It will be so fun for her to fill them both up with memories and treasures! I love all the great things you found at garage sales! It is such a thrill to find such wonderful things! Have a great week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments