Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank You So Very Much.....

Hi Friends...tonight I made a card that a co-worker asked me to make for him. He requested a thank you card so I thought I would share what I made and the supplies I used.

I used a variety of supplies & embelishments for this card. I thought I would try something new and take pictures of everything I was going to use before I actually put the card together. Normally I just take photos of the final result.

One of my all time favorite tools is the Making Memories distresser. I use this on most of my all of my projects in one way or another...I just love how it looks. I used bazzil cardstock, vellum & some patterned paper.

A "So Very" Stampin Up wood block stamp along with an acrylic stamp, ribbon and floss in coordinating colors.

Color Box Cat's Eye Winter Green chalk ink pad. I have to say that I have this brand of chalk inks in almost every color they make...seriously...I love using these inks. They not only work well on paper but on stamping and embelishments as well. I used Staz On Jet Black ink for the stamping. Tim Holtz mini brads & some alphabet letters I had left over from another projcect.

I used Tattered Angles Honeydew mist Glimmer Mist on two different types of cardstock. One was bazzil which has texture and the other was plain cardstock. I wanted to show what the cardstock looked like before I used the Glimmer Mist and what it looked like afterwards. This dries literally in minutes so this is another great product to use on most any scrappy project you can think of.

And here is the end result : )  The next few pictures are to show you the detail of the Glimmer Mist, distressing & inking I did on this card.


I forgot to include my Tim Holtz stapler in the photo with all the supplies that I used. You can see how I used it twice on this project.

I carried the color scheme from the front of the card into the inside as well.

A closer picture of the inside.

And of course I always add my "ScrappinAbby" signature to all of the projects I create : )

This was a fun card to make and really didn't take me all that long to do. I plan on doing another post which showcases other cards I have made in the past so be sure to come back and check it out.

Have a fantastic evening and keep coming back for more ScrappinAbby scrappy projects : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments