Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cards..Cards..and more Cards

Happy Wednesday Blog friends : )  Today marks the halfway point to the weekend which I am super excited for. My 2nd year wedding anniversary is next Tuesday so my hubby and I taking some vacation time and having a 4 day weekend...can't wait!

Since I did a post yesterday about a Thank You card I made...I thought I would continue on with the card theme and show you some additional cards I made within the last year or so. I take pictures of every scrappy item I make so this is only a few of them...didn't want to have a super long post or bore you all to death with a ton of cards : )

The first one up was a card I made for a co-worker who was house bound due to an injury. This lady is very active and I wanted to lift her spirits a bit since she was stuck home in bed for so long.

I just love the itty bitty clothes pins...they are just so sweet. You may recognize the individual letters from the journal I made for my daughter in my All About Kaley post. Just like the journal...I opted to staple the letters to each other in a wonky (my hubby laughs when I use this word) sort of way and clipped them to some brown packing string. 
This is one of the many cards I have made for my good friend at work aka my "work mom". I just love her to pieces and she is so much fun to be around. I remembered to take a picture of the inside after I wrote on the inside...so I don't have a photo to share but let me tell you it was super cute if I do say so myself ;)


The next few are some Thank You cards I made for some other co-workers....
This is probably one of my favorites I have done recently. Now if you can't tell by my blog color scheme....I love anything and all things purple but I do have to admit this pink/brown card is a fave for sure. I cut the bird out with a Sizzix die and then added some Bubblegum Stickles and then inked the edges in Colorbox's Chestnut Roan. 






I made these cards when I made these for the Relay For Life basket. These I gave out to the office staff at my daughter's school. She is heading to middle school next year and I wanted to thank the office ladies for taking such good care of my daughter from Kindergarten through 5th grade. I also had a little goodie bag for them too : )

I was hesitant about posting this picture since it is so blurry. I didn't realize it until after I had already given the card away...but I wanted to put it out there too. 

The next two pics were taken with my smaller camera I keep in my purse...I can't figure out how to take the auto date off..I really dislike that feature. So please excuse the date that's displayed against my card : /

I love this aqua/brown/burgundy color scheme. I did some 12x12 layouts in this same paper line...I will do a post about layouts a little later on. Which I might add are for sale : )  My hubby is patiently showing me how to add things to my blog and a "For Sale" section is coming so be sure to watch for it : )


The last card on this post is a college graduation card I made for a friend of ours. 


I love that textured red/black paper I found awhile back. It gives the card a textured rich look I think. It's fun to mix different types of embellishments & papers on scrappy projects. 

Well...that's all for the cards I planned on posting today. I haven't decided which scrappy projects I will post tomorrow. I have been tossing around the idea of maybe having a weekly scrappy themed post or something so one day would feature cards..another one would feature layouts etc. 

Today is the day Trisha is doing her drawing and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am the lucky winner.  I am heading over to her blog now to check it out.

Have a great evening & come back tomorrow for some more scrappy projects : )












No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments