Friday, August 3, 2012

Baby Leopard Letters

Hey everyone...boy do I have a fun project to share with you today : )

A friend of mine & her daughter asked if I would make some letters for her baby's nursery. I've made these in the past for my own daughter & they are a super cute way to personalize & dress up any room.

The theme for the nursery is pink/brown with a leopard print.....take a look & tell me what you think....

Pretty cute huh? Now keep in mind I took these photos in my craft room close to midnight as I had to get these to her the next day : )

This is how they looked right before I started the project...



Added some paint to the back of the letters & the sides..yes the backs. Even though no one will see the backside I just like to cover it anyway. The project doesn't seem complete to me if I had left them "naked". I wanted to do the sides as well so when they are hung on the wall you don't see the MDF showing through : )

The next few photos are of the letters after I added the sparkly leopard CS....



Let me tell ya...I have created a TON of projects where I fussy cut around letters etc after adhering CS to the top but man this particular CS really gave me fits since it wsa so thick & I was cutting through clumps of glitter...but the end result was worth it to me : )









This is my favorite part...adding all the flowers..ribbons..twine & other sparlky embellis : )

I can't wait to see the photos of these letters hung on the nursery wall : )

If you haven't tried creating your own letters...I encourage you to get out there and do it!! You can see from my photos above that this is a pretty easy project to do and a fun & creative way to decorate any room in your house or even your office/work space if you work outside the home.

I have some really exciting news to share with you BUT I have to wait one more day so be sure to come back tomorrow to find out what I'm talkin about & to see another scrappy post of course : )

Happy Scrappin!!

Product used:
MDF letters
Recolletions-CS-flowers-bling-butterfly
Ribbon-scrappy stash
RRR-sparkly pink ribbon (on the letter A)
Brown Acrylic craft paint
Brown tulle
Button-scrappy stash
The Twinery-Blossom


5 comments:

  1. ABBY! I want Sassy letters like that for me! Those are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, this is such a FABULOUS project with amazing end results! How super cute!Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm luvin those letters! You did an amazing job.

    Can't stand waiting for surprises!! Tell me now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! Congrats on making the 3 Girl Jam DT!
    DT Member Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congarst on making the 3 Girl Jam DT!!Your project is amazing!!love it!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments