Tuesday, August 7, 2012

PSC44:Clean & Simple Sympathy

Welcome back for another FAB challenge with The Perfect Sentiment! This week's challenge is for one of those cards that nobody wants to ever have to buy or make...a sympathy card...but we all one time or another have a need for one. Luckily for me I don't have a use for this and can stash it away in my card file : )

Your challenge is to create a card with a sentiment for sympathy and the twist is to make it CAS (Clean and Simple).

Here's my take on this week's challenge........

I really like the soothing blue tones of this card against the white satin ribbon & white CS.


I didn't want to fussy up this one too much with ink etc since it's a CAS challenge so I embossed a floral image on the blue CS just to give it a little texture/dimension.

Some nice soft satin ribbon I picked up from Kirkland a few years back. Seriously this roll is never ending even though I use it a lot : )



Now for some inspiration from my fellow DT members.........


Jenn
Cheryl
Jan
Karen
Maggie
Sam

Theresa
Vickie


Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Shelly's Images
Shelly is offering up 1 free digi for the winner of this week's challenge...so be sure to stop by her online store and give her some love!!

Now that you've been inspired by the Perfect Sentiment DT...head into your creative space and start working on your card for this week's challenge. Be sure to check out all of the details for the challenge at the Perfect Sentiment blog.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
DCWV Cardstock Neutrals stack
White CS
Satin Ribbon-Kirkland/Costco
Wooden Stamp-sentiment-scrappy stash
Stampin Up-floral stamp
CTMH Clear Embossing Powder
Perfect Medium
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Iced Spruce



5 comments:

  1. Love that big satin bow! I forgot to do the inside of my card again! Every time I see yours-I have to go back & add to mine!! LOL
    You'd think by now I'd remember to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bow just makes this card outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is clean, simple and stunning all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Abby! Love the colors you chose and the textured paper is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple, but just beautiful. Love the textured c/s you used and your ribbon just adds to the beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments