Monday, August 13, 2012

May Arts July Silk Ribbon Challenge Project & Video

Hey everyone...after being down for a week since having surgery last Monday I'm starting to feel well enough to sit up and do a much needed blog post : )

First I want to thank everyone for all the kinds comments & well wishes...I so appreciated each and every one : )

Now I have something really exciting to share with you today. I was one of the 25 lucky crafters to be selected by Bethney with May Arts to create & play with her selection of silk ribbon. The process was to send Bethney an email with your project idea and how you would incorporate the selected silk ribbons in a craft item. She liked mine (yay) and sent me 8 yards of yummy ribbon lovlieness. You can read all about the challenge & see the entries HERE.  

Without further ado...here's my project....a vintage powder puff box with a mini (be prepared for quite a few pics)


I altered a round wood candy box into a vintage powder puff box & created a mini to go inside. The photos below will not only show you the box itself but also each page of the mini I created...please sit back & enjoy : )
 


















































































I have to tell you that as soon as I saw the silk ribbon selection Bethney posted on the May Arts blog, I knew instantly this is what I wanted design & create using that yummy ribbon. I seriously had a lot of fun creating this project. I love taking an item that had another purpose & create something else with it that others can enjoy. 

Thanks for taking the time to check out my video and project. It was truly an honor for me to have the opportunity to create & play with some FAB May Arts ribbon. 

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post...tomorrow is my first post with 3 Girl Jam and I'm really excited about it : )

Happy Scrappin!!

Products used:
Trader Joes-wood candy box
Graphic 45-Little Darlings Collection
Recollections-bling, crocheted flower
Want 2 Scrap-pearls
Pink Paislee-Nantucket Tassle
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Frayed burlap
Core'dinations CS

1 comment:

  1. This project is absolutely outstanding! What a wonderful piece of ART.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments