Wednesday, August 22, 2012

PSC46:Missing Wings

Hey everyone...welcome back for another challenge with The Perfect Sentiment!! 

What a fun challenge we have in store for you this week...your creative task is to create a card with a sentiment of missing you (make sure your sentiment is on the front of the card) & the twist is to use something with wings on your card. This winged element can be something on the card stock you choose, your embellishment or in my case...actual wings : )

At first I had an idea in my head but I wasn't quite sure how to pull it off so I thought to myself...ah..I'll just "wing" it...haha..ok so that was a pretty lame joke but seriously here's my card for this week's challenge......

Ok..I have confession to make...I've been hoarding these wings..yes hoarding them. I picked these feathery beauties up at the Creating Keepsakes convention earlier this year and I LOVE them!! They are just so vintagy/shabby chic looking to me which is something I adore. But I knew they would work perfectly for this week's challenge. 


See what I mean????


The black bling just really pops off the page against the muted toned CS...which I think goes so well with the crumpled & distressed patterned paper I used for the base of this card. 


Who doesn't love some Prima matched up with some yummy twine from The Twinery. Don't you just love that yummy textured gold ribbon? 


Stamped sentiment in Tim Holtz's Broken China..goes so well with the gold ribbon which is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I'm a member of their Ribbon Of The Month club and this was from the November 2011 assortment (ok so maybe I was hoarding this ribbon as well..haha).






To carry the look from the front to the inside...I cut a circle from the same patterned paper...distressed it and topped it off with a vintage wood button...twine & more of the gold ribbon. 


 Here's a closer look at the embelli I created...I love mixing vintage with new...such a unique look I think : )

Now are you ready for some inspiration from my fellow DT members....


Jenn
Cheryl
Jan
Karen
Maggie
Sam

Theresa
Vickie

Our sponsor for this week is Pattie's Creations

 Pattie is generously offering up 1 free digi for the winner of this week's challenge..so be sure to stop by her online store and check out what she has up to offer. 

Now that you've been inspired by the Perfect Sentiment Team..it's time to head into your creative space and start working on your own winged card for this challenge. Be sure to check out all of the details surrounding the challenge HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today...I always appreciate all of my followers & visitors!

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )

Products used:
DCWV Be Mine Stack 
DCWV Pastel Cardstock Stack
The Twinery-Caribbean
Really Reasonable Ribbon-Gold ribbon from monthly kit club
Prima-Flowers (white & blue)
Want 2 Scrap-bling
Melissa Frances-Wings
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Broken China
Wood button-scrappy stash 








 

 

3 comments:

  1. great card abby those wings are the perfect touch to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !! Let's see, love the distressing on the paper, the flower well you always have the best ones and the wings... girl they are cool !! Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back!! Love all the ribbon, twine & embellies! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments