Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Nest~Altered Configuration Box

Hi Friends! Today I have a home decor project to share with all of you. Once in awhile I get around to making something for myself and/or my house so I am exited to share this with you. 

I used one of the TH configuration boxes to create a piece of wall art I call, Nest. 


I also have a video...this shows you the project up close as well as the many items I used to create this...

I have to say that photographing this was a bit of a challenge for me as I normally take pics in my craft room but there was a shadow from the lip of the box and it was a gorgeous sunny day here yesterday so I did my best :) 

I won't go into too much detail in the post since I go over it pretty well in the video...so I'm just going to share some additional photos and the products I used...

I absolutely LOVE all the texture I achieved from the silver metallic material from Mon Ami Gabby along with the mini Cherry Blossoms stencil from The Crafters Workshop.

I haven't decided if I want to attach some burlap to this and use that as my hanger for the wall piece or if I want to attach some hardware to it. I kind of like the idea of just setting it on my mantle....guess I'll have to wait and see what speaks to me when I go to display it : )

Thanks so much for stopping by and for checking out another scrappy post. 

Happy crafting : )

Products used:
TCW-mini Cherry Blossoms stencil
Mon Ami Gabby-silver material
Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays-please see video for all that I used
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder
3 Girl JAM Crinkle Ribbon
TH Configuration Box & inks
Modge Podge
Scor-tape
Burlap
Fabric
Various embellishments and trims

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments