Wednesday, July 4, 2012

PSC39:Anything Goes with Red, White & Blue

Happy 4th of July my friends!!! The challenge we have for you today here at The Perfect Sentiment is perfect for this wonderful holiday and it's an "Anything Goes" challenge which I think most everyone loves since you have so many creative opportunities with this type of challenge.

Here are the details for this week's challenge..."In honor of Independence Day we are letting you celebrate your freedom by choosing the occasion for your sentiment. You are also allowed to choose the type of project you would like to create. Card, Tag, ATC, Altered Art etc.". Yay...I just LOVE these types of challenges : )

Here's my project for this week...
I made a 4th of July Amercian Pride bucket. I used one of the French floral buckets left over from my wedding...great way to re-purpose an item you aren't using anymore.
I cut some star shapes out of various cardstock & paper collections using a cart from my Cricut. I then added some Americana embellis to top them off & adhered them to some skewer sticks I inked up.






Here's the backside...has to look nice from all angles right???


This was such a fun project to create. Not only is this an item I can proudly display in my home in honor of our Nation's Freedom but it's also a great way to up-cycle an item you are no longer using.

Now for some amazing inspiration from my fellow DT Members........

Jenn
Cheryl
Jan
Karen
Maggie
Sam
Sassy

Theresa
Vickie


Our sponsor for this week is Crafty Sentiments Designs
They are offering up 3 free digis from their online store to the winner of this week's challenge. Be sure to stop by their store and check out what they have. Now that you have been inspired to create something Red, White & Blue...head into your creative space and start working on your submission for this week's challenge. Don't forget to stop by The Perfect Sentiment for all of the details surrounding this week's challenge.

Don't forget that I still have my First 100 Followers Giveaway going on. I'm up to 84 followers now so not much further to go. You can read all about the giveaway and see pics of what I have up for grabs HERE.

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post..I'll be sharing some projects I've created using some of the DCWV Stacks : )

Happy Scrappin!!
Products used:
French floral bucket
K&Company Americana Flip Pack embellis
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Festive Berries
Colorbox-Blue Iris
Striped ribbon-scrappy stash
4th of July garland/decor-scrappy stash
Striped fabric-scrappy stash
DCWV-Neutral Stack
Bazzill-White & Red CS
Cricut Cart-George and Basic Shapes

6 comments:

  1. Great job Abby, I'm sure you will get great use out of your display as a center piece on a table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Abby. Love all the different embellishments you added to your stars. I'm sure it will look great in your home and something to keep for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to upcycle! You can never go wrong with that. Using something from your wedding brought back great memories & now you can continue to enjoy the bucket.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute .. fun.... so festive... great centerpiece. Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments