Wednesday, July 18, 2012

PSC41:Anything Goes-Altered Frame

*To check out my post on the 2012 Where Bloggers Create...click HERE*

It's Wednesday so that means it's time for another FAB challenge with The Perfect Sentiment! I LOVE it when the "Anthing Goes" challenge rolls around and that's what it's all about this week.

I have this old frame I picked up on one of my junkin trips...you know the kind..oval with some scrolly stuff that is plastic painted in a 1970's gold. Well I grabbed it because I knew what it could become once it entered my craft room : )

I was pretty happy with how this turned out. I simply spray painted the frame..measured some corkboard to fit & scrapped it up :)

I had some leftover scraps of corkboard that I didn't want to toss so I thought hey..why not use them for my sentiments.

Simple & sweet butterfly with some bling...


Lovin this butterfly stamp I bought online a few weeks ago. This stamp was my inspiration for this piece.

Flower/ribbon/lace cluster...much love!!



Some lovely twine from The Twinery!!


I already have this hanging in my craft room & it reminds me of what I love to do...create : )

Now for some inspiration from the PSDT.....

Jenn
Cheryl
Jan
Karen
Maggie
Sam
Sassy

Theresa
Vickie


Our sponsor for this week is.....



Now that you've been inspired by the Perfect Sentiment DT..head into your creative space and start working on your Anything Goes project for this week. Just make sure that whatever it is you create your sentiment is on the front!! 

Be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )

Happy Scrappin!!
Products used:
Corkboard-craft store
Frame-junkin find
Staz-on Jet Black ink
Tim Holtz DI-Dusy Concord
Prima-Innoscence flowers
Recollections flowers
Want 2 Scrap pearls
Red Heart Boutique Sashar-Boogie Crocheted Trim
Really Reasonable Ribbon-Winter Whites Club pack
Stickles-Lavender
The Twinery-Lilac
Making Memories-Chloe Stick pin
Stamps-scrappy stash






5 comments:

  1. I believe I spotted this frame in one of your craft room pictures and wondered what it would become!! Isn't it wonderful when you can re-purpose something and end up with a new creation of beauty!! This is marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this!! All of the different elements are gorgeous and I especially like the way you used the extra pieces of cork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! You are really good at this altered art thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. I bet it looks great in your scrap space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous project. I love that frame and love all the added embellishments you used to dress it up.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments