Monday, October 24, 2011

Delight In The Little Things Paper Bag Mini

Hey there fellow scrappers. I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  Today's post is going to be about a paper bag mini I made at my recent scrapbook retreat. I plan on doing a video tutorial describing how I made this so I will try to keep all of the details to a minimum so this post doesn't turn into a short story : )  I will of course let you all know when the video is up on You Tube and I will be sure to put a link directly from my blog. 

I am calling this one "Delight In The Little Things" due to the stamped sentiment I have on the cover. 

I used a mix of papers, ribbons, embellis and inks for this album. The paper sacks are from Kraft. This was a super fun mini to design and make. I love looking at the blank canvas~in this case it was the paper sacks~and putting all of the ideas & images floating around in my head into my project and holding the end result in my hands.

I used TH Grunge Paper on the cover & backside of this mini. I ran it through my Vagabond and used a TH embossing sheet to give it that deep embossed look that almost looks & feels like leather when you run your fingers over it. I used two different inks around the edges, TH Walnut Stain Distress Ink & Color Box in Warm Red. I wanted to make the edges tie in with the pinks throughout the papers I used. I also used some of the TH ink on the pink ribbon at the bottom so it would tie in a little more and not be so bright.


 I thought this little brass key hanging off this soft yellow flower was just adorable.  



I used another TH die I bought on my trip, Hanging Sign for the cover. I just used some basic cardboard, inked it and attached the card stock stamped sentiment. I didn't have any of my necklace chain with me so I ended up using this really cool wire type trim that I did have to sort of "hang" the sentiment from the sign. This is a view of all the pages & tags that are tucked into the opening of each sack. I used a variety of ribbon/trims & embellis for the top of each tag so you could easily pull them out. 

All the different tabs I used for the tags for each paper sack.




The next series of photos are of the inside of the mini along with the tags. I will have more detail as to what I did for each page/tag in the video tutorial I will post later this week. 





And one final shot of the front again.....



I really had a lot of fun designing and making this mini album & I can't wait to fill it with some photos. This might sound strange but I love the way this album feels in my hands...the crinkling of the paper bags...the texture of the deep embossing and all of the fabulous ribbons/trims & embellis. 


Thanks for sticking with me on this long post of photos. As I mentioned earlier...I plan on doing a video with some description and a tutorial on how I came up with this mini and show you some of the items I used to create it. This will be a new venture for me but I am excited to start posting videos!


Tomorrow's post will be about some of the scrappy goodies I purchased at my Coastal Crop Getaway...always fun to get new items to play with : )


I hope you have a fantastic Monday & be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, stunning, beautiful.....take your pick! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments