Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 03: Embossed Get Well Card

Hey Friends...long time no post right?? Well I just got home Monday from a 5 day scrapbooking vacation and let me tell ya...it was a total blast. I will post about that trip tomorrow because today's post is all about the next awesome challenge at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog and let me tell you..you won't want to miss out on this weeks challenge.

The challenge was to create an embossed get well card and here is my take on this challenge...............


Ok...I have to tell you that I had a lot of fun designing this card...I was able to use so many different techniques along with the two different types of embossing which made it fun to me.

I used Glossy Accents to outline the flowers in the patterned paper just to make them pop a bit more. For my embossing I chose two ways to do this...I heat embossed the "get well soon" sentiment with black embossing powder. For my second embossing technique I ran the blue dotted paper through my Tim Holtz Vagabond and used one of my TH embossing sheets (sorry I forgot the name of this one). 

I really thought this bouquet of paper flowers turned out pretty cute~if I do say so myself ; ) I mean who doesn't like some flowers to cheer them up when they aren't feeling well...which is exactly what I am hoping this card will do : )

I used a Fiskars border punch for the side of this card to give it some more dimension when the card is open as above or when it's closed and you can see the paper inside. 

Just a closer shot of the middle of the card.

Here's the inside of the card. When it's closed you can see the small strip of patterned paper which I thought was pretty cool : )

This weeks giveaway sponsor is a really special one...Miss Sarah at My Little Somethings

Sarah is not only offering an amazing grab bag of various crafting items worth over $15, she is also a fellow DT member : ) You have to check out her blog...seriously her work is just awesome. Be sure to check out the The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog  for all of the details surrounding not only the challenge but for the giveaway as well.

Now on to some amazing embossed get well cards from my fellow DT members at The Perfect Sentiment....just click on their name below to be brought directly to their blog so you can check out their cards : )


Jennipher
Sami 
Sarah 
Lynn 
Jan 
Kimberly 
Rochelle 
Shaunna 
Shelly 
Stacey 
Tere 
Theresa 

Now that you are super inspired...be sure to head to your creative space and start working on your submission for the PSC03 Challenge. 


Have a great day and be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post : )


8 comments:

  1. Wow Abby that card is so pretty and the bouquet of flowers is too sweet!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the coolest bouquets of flowers I have ever seen on a card! Love the way you wrapped those pretty posies up! You sure have a lot of great things going on here. The glossy accents and the lovely yellow pearls are among such wonderful choices you made to give this card so much great detail!
    And thanks so much for your sweet words, Abby. I really appreciate your compliments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Abby that bouquet of flowers is phenomenal. You used so many interesting techniques on this card. You have such a uniqueness ton your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, this card is OUTSTANDING. You sure show your talent in this one girl. I super love it. Love the distressing and the papers. The bouquet is wonderful; I love how you wrapped the paper around it. Great, great, great.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I am in love with that border punch!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly beautiful!! You took so many ideas and techniques and rolled them all into one spectacular creation!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty Abby!! the little bouquet is a sweet touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I love the flowers. Love the colors and your layout.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments