Wednesday, October 12, 2011

RRR33 Halloween Challenge!

Hi Friends..today I am joining in on the Halloween Challenge No.33 over at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

The challenge was to use some sort of ribbon, lace or trim on your Halloween creation. Well I came up with two different scrappy projects for this challenge, one is a mini album made from paper sacks~yup you read that right~and the other is a Halloween card. Be prepared for quite a few pics in this post...but hang in there with me as you are in for a Halloween Treat!

First up is my Happy Halloween mini album that I made from Kraft paper bags and Tim Holtz Grunge Paper....








 I used the TH Tattered Flowers die in my Vagabond and then used some Modge Podge.


 I used some gauzy material from a Halloween decor item I bought at the Dollar Tree...I also used the skeleton head off of another item I found there as well. At the end of this post I will put some photos up of a few of the "non-traditional" items I used in this project.





 Ok...I had to show a close up pic of these skeleton legs..I thought this would be a clever way to create a tab for this journaling card instead of using more ribbon or trim as I normally do : )


These are probably my favorite two pages in this mini. I love the greens and blacks together. 

 I used more of the gauzy material from one of the decor items. You can just slip a photo underneath this and it will give the pic an added eery element I think.


 I added some Shimmerz mist on this page to give it another element along with the black inking. 


 Just a closer shot of the cool web-looking trim I bought last year. 


 I used a Wilton Halloween cupcake wrapper for the background on this journaling card. I just flattened it and inked the edges. 


 I used some more of the gauzy material & used some Modge Podge over it. I thought this technique turned out pretty cool : )


 I would say that 95% of the ribbon/trim I used on this mini album came from my recent order at Really Reasonable Ribbon that I posted about here. I had a lot of fun designing & creating this mini album...I don't typically do Halloween type projects but this was a fun one for sure : )



Up next & with less pictures ; ) is a Halloween card I made for my second submission for the RRR33 Challenge. 

 The little pumpkins are also from the Wilton Halloween cupcake set. I inked the edges & cut the toothpick part off.


 The corrugated cardboard is from some packaging that a camera came in...just inked the edges...how's that for recycling : )


 Gotta have some bling right???


 I was inspired to create these items not only from my recent RRR purchase but also from the DCWV Ghosts & Goblins paper stack I posted about here. This paper pack is amazing and you should go check it out & more importantly buy it if you haven't already. I love it and still have tons of paper left to use on more scrappy projects. 



Here are a few pics of the items I used from the Dollar Tree & the Wilton cupcake Halloween set I bought at Safeway....
 Thank you for sticking with me on this long post...I was really excited to share these Halloween scrappy projects I created the other night with all of you.


Be sure to come back for more scrappy posts : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Comments