Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Grandma's Notions

Hi Friends...sorry I haven't posted in a few days. My daughter Kaley and I have been battling the yuk that's been going around. I'm so thankful to have a wonderful hubby who is taking care of us : )

So since I haven't worked in my craft room the past few days I wanted to share a video with you. Recently my mom gave me the most amazing treasure trove...two boxes full of my grandma's sewing notions and some other honest to goodness vintage items. Now I don't sew...well at least clothes anyway..give me some paper and I'm your girl but clothes..nah..lol : ) but I am ecstatic about being given this amazing gift. I did a quick video to share this with all of you. Some of the items in the boxes I'm opening & looking at for the first time so grab a cup of tea, coffee or in my case a Diet Dr.Pepper and sit back and enjoy this journey with me as I peruse through the amazing treasures from my grandma : )


Thanks for stopping by : )

1 comment:

  1. Oh Abby- what a lovely treasure trove of goodness from your Grandma! I am almost crying here thinking of my own dear grandma, who is long passed, and all the crafty goodness I wish I had from her! I know you will enjoy each item and treasure them.

    The envelope from NY with the pattern paper, the pattern is probably on the paperwork. Ladies used to make their own patterns using that paper, and it may be that she sent away for the pattern and either never made it, or that was what was left over after she did!

    The white trim is called eyelet and is so pretty! I love the gingham straps from her aprons as well. And those patterns, girl don't get me started on those!

    Maybe you can get your grandma to tell you some more about each item? You are so lucky to have gotten all this while she is living and you can ask.

    Enjoy the goodies and thanks so much for sharing this with all of us, I was touched just watching you tell your family story.

    Hugs,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments