Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shabby Topiary

Hi Friends...today I'm sharing a DT project I made for 3 Girl Jam using lots of the beautiful Crinkle Ribbon.



 I LOVE the project I made today and it is already displayed in my craft room..lol. I made a Shabby Topiary using my FAVORITE color..yup you guessed it...purple!!


To create this shabby topiary I used the Witches Brew from the Spooky Bundle and Iris from the Spring Flowers Bundle Crinkle Ribbon. I just love these colors together!
I wanted to create this ombre effect with the two shades of purple ribbon on each ball of the topiary. Just look at the gorgeous purple edge on the lighter Iris ribbon...LOVE IT!!!!


I used a small terra cotta pot I picked up from the dollar store, there were 3 in a package so I'll be doing a video tutorial in April showing I how I made this. My daughter Kaley may join me on this one. I put a few coats of purple on the pot then used some beige and sanded it when it was all dry to give it that shabby, weathered look.


I not only wanted to make a decor item for my craft room but I wanted to use the crinkle ribbon in a different way this time for my DT project. I am actually ordering more of these colors since I used up what I had in my stash : )

I already have this displayed in my craft room and I can't wait to make more using the other beautiful colors of Crinkle Ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for checking out another scrappy post. You can also check out my post for this project over at the 3GJ Blog

I have some exciting posts coming up so be sure to stop back and check those out. I'm heading out for the CK Convention in Portland, OR on Thursday and will be back on Sunday so I will have lots to share with all of you when I get back next week.

Happy Craftin!!

Products used:
3GJ Crinkle Ribbon-Witches Brew & Iris
Terra Cotta pot
Craft paints
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Floral moss
Wooden dowel



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous Abby!! and I had no idea we had a ck convention in Portland - shucks, that would have been fun. you'll need to share with us what you learn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! You have inspired me sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments