Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 06: Stitch It Baby!

Hey Everyone...welcome back for another awesome challenge at The Perfect Sentiments Challenge Blog.

This weeks challenge was to create a card with a baby themed sentiment...here's the twist...you need to use some form of stitching...whether it be faux, hand-stitching, machine stitching. This was a fun challenge that not only fulfilled my sample for this week but also took care of a greeting card I needed to make for some friends who just had a baby recently...perfect!

We have another great sponsor for this weeks challenge...Cindy over at Cindy Coutts Designs is offering a fantastic prize. It's a mini Stampin' Up set called Something For Christmas. Be sure to head on over to her website and tell her The Perfect Sentiment sent you : )

Now on to my interpretation of this weeks challenge.....

I got this idea to twist some purple and green ribbon I had to put on the side of the card. The shimmery purple cardstock you see as the mat base is actually some leftover paper from my wedding invitations 2 years ago. 
I've had this purple/green stitched pocket for awhile now and I based the design/color scheme for this card from that. I bought the purple baby tag from my crop last month in Gold Beach..don't remember the name of the company though. I added the small pink baby sentiment just for another color. 
I used more of the same ribbon to carry the theme from the front to the inside.
One final photo of my purple Welcome Home Sweet Baby card : )

And now for some additional inspiration from my fellow DT members....



Jennipher
Sarah 
Jan 
Kimberly 
Rochelle 
Shaunna 
Stacey 
Tere 
Theresa

After checking out all of these amazing cards from my girls above...I just know you have the creative bug...so head to your creative space and start working on this weeks submissions. Don't forget to stop by The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog so you can check out all of the information for this weeks challenge.    


Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post as I will have some exciting news & photos to share with all of you. 


Happy Scrappin : )

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Abby! Love the image and colors, isn't it amazing that you can take paper left from a wedding theme and use it on a baby card....very creative!! Great job with the ribbon on this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby this card is so cute!! I love that cute bottle and that ribbon!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, this is so cute! I love that big bottle!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments