Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Made Especially For You 1st Weekly Challenge : )

Happy Tuesday fellow scrappers & papercrafters : )

Today marks an exciting day for Ashley & the rest of us on the DT over at Made Especially For You. Today is the launch for this new weekly challenge blog and you won't want to miss it. I was (and still am) extremely happy & excited when I was asked to be a part of this DT...thank you Ashley : )

This weeks challenge was to create anything...yes that's right...anything as long as you use the colors blue, pink and green. You can of course use any shade of those colors...the challenge just requires you to use all three in your scrappy creation. I love this challenge Ashley put together as it gives you free reign to let your creative mind come up with whatever you want. I will have a full supplies used list at the end of this post.

Here is what I came up with for this weeks challenge.....


I created this with a friend of mine in mind. She loves all things shabby chic so I thought this was a perfect card to create not only for her but also as my first submission as a DT member for the Made Especially For You Challenge blog.



I used the TH Birdcage Die...sprayed some Tattered Angels Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist on it & then tied some random fiber I had in my stash. The butterflies are cut from a sheet from the Kaiser Craft Bonjour 6x6 paper pack I bought a few weeks ago. I decided to add some Stickles to them to sort of jazz them up a bit : )
This tag is part of The Scrapcake "The Bright Side Of Life" paper line from Poland that I purchased a few months ago here. I distressed the edges..inked them...added another butterfly & finished it off with a piece of soft pink ribbon I had. 
I cut this strip of border from the same Scrapcake paper line...distressed the round edges..inked them with TH Distress ink in Spun Sugar...added some white trim I had and adhered it to the bottom of the card. I only put adhesive on the bottom & sides of this trim so I could tuck the tag & birdcage underneath.
A friend from work gave me a huge supply of these small flowers in a variety of colors. I thought it would sort of balance this card out by adding them to the bottom. I just simply clipped the wire stems off & adhered them with some Glossy Accents (which is what I used on the butterflies too). 

And here's the inside....
Just a little butterfly to finish off the card : )
Be sure to head on over to the Made Especially For You challenge blog for all of the details surrounding this weeks challenge. We have an amazing sponsor for this weeks challenge...Ready, set, Create! is offering a FREE one-year subscription to their magazine!! How cool is that. 

Supplies used on this card:
The Scrapcake's The Bright Side Of Life paper line
Colorbox Fluid Chalk-Prussian Blue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spun Sugar
Tim Holtz Birdcage Die
Glossy Accents
Tombo Adhesive
Martha Stewart Glue Pen
Glue Dots
Stickles
Tattered Angels Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist
Misc. ribbon/trim from my stash
Misc flowers from my stash

I also want to be sure and thank all of you for your very sweet comments you have been leaving me. I truly do appreciate each of them and I get a huge smile on my face when I get a notice that a new comment has shown up in my inbox...totally makes my day : )

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another scrappy post : )





3 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the shabby chic look you gave it. love the tassel, birdhouse and tag. Great inside too.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,
    SO nice to meet you! And thank you so much for letting me know that you like my button...Holly is such a doll! Beautiful card here and I wanted to follow, but I don't see your followers' list. Wishing you a wonderful day!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your card is fabulous! LOVE the birdcage and shabbiness!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments