Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 07: Encourage Me with A Sketch

Hi fellow scrappers...welcome back for another challenge from The Perfect Sentiments Challenge Blog. 

This weeks challenge is to create a card with an "Encourage Me" sentiment and the twist is to use this sketch....
We have another awesome sponsor for this weeks challenge...Patti over at Patties Creations Digitial Stamps is giving away one free digi to the lucky winner of this weeks challenge. Be sure to visit her Etsy store and tell her that the Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog sent you : )


Now here's my take on this weeks challenge......
This is a take on another card I designed for a friend of mine who was recovering from back surgery. I posted about it here.
I created this card from the scallop floral paper you see on the top half of the card. This is from the Little Yellow Bicycle (LYB) Love Letters collection. I have the 12x12 paper pad as well as the 6x6 so the scallop paper was perfect for this challenge. I just cut it in half and put it at the top of the card. I toyed around with how I wanted to display the sentiment and ended up cutting some small basic flowers with my Cricut...inked the edges...the letters & voila!

I added the small black flower with a brad after the word "in" to complete the series of 3 dots in the sketch. 



I ran a piece of silver Bazzil cardstock through my TH Vagabond using an embossing folder. I then Stamped the Sweet Friend sentiment on some white Bazzil...distressed the edges & attached it to another piece of black cardstock which I inked with some silver & distressed those edges as well...added another flower & some staples. 


Here are a few photos of the inside........
I used a solid 6x6 sheet of the same floral paper and trimmed it down to fit on the inside. After inking & distressing the edges I added this flower I made. 
I ran a piece of white tulle through my TH Vagabond using the Tattered Flowers die & then put a fuzzy black brad in the center. I think this card turned out pretty cute don't ya think?


Now for the cards & inspiration from my fellow DT members......


Sami 
Sarah 
Jan 
Kimberly 
Rochelle 
Shaunna 
Stacey 
Tere 
Theresa

Now that you have been inspired...head on over to your creative space & start working on this weeks challenge. 

Be sure to head to The Perfect Sentiment Challenge Blog for all of the details surrounding the challenge and don't forget to stop by Patti's Creations and give her some love. 


I won't have a post for Thursday due to Thanksgiving so I want to take a moment and share with all of you one of the many things I am grateful for. I am so grateful and thankful for all of you that have become my followers & continue to come and visit my blog & leave me such kind comments. This blog is still a fairly new venture for me and all of you encourage me to continue on with this scrappy adventure. I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving & hope you enjoy the day with your families. Be sure to take lots of pictures so you can scrapbook all of those memories. 


Be sure to come back for another scrappy post : )








5 comments:

  1. I love how you coordinated the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Abby! All the elements make this a wonderful encouragement card that your friend will really enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your take on the banner for this card Abby :) you always put so much detail into your cards!!! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the banner feel of it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Comments